[First Game] ColourClick

0 favourites
  • 15 posts
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • Hey, this is a simple game I whipped up. I feel that it is complete and ready for sharing so try it out!

Comments and ratings are very much appreciated! be sure to submit your high score!

Scirra Arcade

• I like the idea, but im running into a couple problems:

Im viewing the game on the scirra arcade on my Windows Phone. Im assuming all the different squares are supposed to be different colors/change colors as the game goes by, but they all just show up red for me

I held off on rating the game yet. I definitely like how polished and consistent the menus and layout look though. Cant wait to give this another try!

• I would think that is because of a problem with the WebGL of your phone. The colour changes in the text and the squares are controlled by the AdjustHSL in C2.

I don't know how widely compatible WebGL effects are across a range of devices and browsers. Could somebody with more experience than me suggest if it would be better to have individual images for the different colours or just stick with Adjusting the HSL?

• Yeah, looking at it on my PC now, and it looks fine. (very nice!)

Personally speaking, I've always used individual images for different colors for things like this, as it's a guarantee you won't run into this kind of compatibility issue.

• Got 13 point, nice idea!

• Yeah, looking at it on my PC now, and it looks fine. (very nice!)

Personally speaking, I've always used individual images for different colors for things like this, as it's a guarantee you won't run into this kind of compatibility issue.

Not using this method would be easy for changing the colours of the box. However, the text is also changed this way and because the text itself changes along with the colour of the text, converting all possible outcomes to images for compatibility issues would result in 81 different images for the text which for me is not something which is worth the sacrifice.

If the text doesn't take this change then I see no point applying it to the boxes as well.

If anyone has an alternative to this please tell me as it would be very appreciated

• Text colours working fin but purple and pink boxes has stripes on them so it's not possible to choose. I played it on laptop by the way with chrome.

Instead of changing colours of boxes, you may think to use 9 different sprites for each of them.

It will be more accurate for everyone.

• Little glitchy but fun!

• I've used HSL and ran into it not working on some phones, and I saw a bug report a while back about the pink and purples getting striped, seemed like Ashley didn't think there was anything he could do about it..

You might try using the RGB instead..

• Text colours working fin but purple and pink boxes has stripes on them so it's not possible to choose. I played it on laptop by the way with chrome.

Instead of changing colours of boxes, you may think to use 9 different sprites for each of them.

It will be more accurate for everyone.

As explained above, it'd be a lot of effort to convert to pure sprites.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I've used HSL and ran into it not working on some phones, and I saw a bug report a while back about the pink and purples getting striped, seemed like Ashley didn't think there was anything he could do about it..

You might try using the RGB instead..

spacedoubt

Is there an option to adjust RGB, I cannot seem to find one. I can see set color and tint which both claim to do that, however, they remove the gradient from the squares. Is there a method using RGB to change the colour as it does when adjusting hue?

• I hadn't tried it. I was thinking set color would do it, but now I see what ya mean.. Tint doesn't work? maybe try playing with the blend mode? I'm not really sure.

I liked the HSL, heh. Ended up abandoning the project I was using it with. (not cause of the problem though, just cause.) So I never really got any farther than you with it.

Let us know if you do figure it out! I'll probably need to know at some point.

• It's up to you to decide spending time on something could be funny and clean or leaving it glitchy of course. But don't forget: "No pain no gain."

You may create a square sprite in C2 and paint it's clone animations within in C2 editor easily. Then you can clone 9 framed animations 9 times.

It's just a suggestion.

P.S. By the way you can adjust text colours rgb values as (rvalue, gvalue, bvalue) variables. so you can compare rvalue variable to decide the box animation frame.

• onur I'm not using any text objects in the game, it is all done with sprites.

• I've just finished updating so the whole thing is purely sprite based, however, this has caused some problems and I'm not sure what is going wrong. Sometimes the game works and others it fails you for no reason. Here's the capx for anyone interested.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)