Finally, a project I completed: Pac-Man (the remake of a great classic)

0 favourites
  • 1 posts
From the Asset Store
Remake my game Geo Games, includes all artwork, music and source code.
  • Over the years, I've started a slew of projects, never once coming close to something I could call a completed game.

This time, I set the ambition dial WAY down and made sure I would see it through to the end.

Lots of challenges arose along the way including the realization that Pac-Man was a much more complex that I first thought.

- Each ghost has its own AI

- Different game states: Chase, Scatter, Flee, Eyes (each with their different AI and Speeds)

- Difficulty levels affect many variable (mostly the comparable speeds of the Ghost and Pac-Man)

On the technical side, the TileMap presented a major issue for me.

I wanted to make the wall tiles solid and allow Pac-Man to navigate in the gaps, but that proved very difficult with the TileMap. I will not get into the details, but it took a lot tweaking to get it to work right.

I really wanted the controls to be very tight. The ability to preset your next direction was a must, but it took me a lot of trial and error to get it just right.

So please go have a round or two and see if you can make it onto the scoreboard.

construct.net/en/free-online-games/pac-man-20457/play

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)