I would like to present a game, which development started around 2016/2017 and was interrupted because of time. Nowadays I try to finish my projects done with Construct 2 (the first one being Ultimate Barbarian https://www.construct.net/en/forum/construct-2/your-construct-2-creations-23/ultimate-barbarian-action-rpg-133699?kws=ultimate%2bbarbarian, available on Itch.io). There are four games in total and will progressively be released.
It's a small spatial roguelike where the player pilots a ship in a top down view with kind of RTS controls. Playing the role of a former imperial captain that became rogue and embraced piracy, he must run away from a criminal organization to whom he stole a ship. This runaway happens whilst following a quest revealed during a dream in which he saw a sacred planet he has to find in order to take his retreat and find peace among the stars.
- Dozens of solar systems to explore in a procedural generated star sector
- Planets to survey through dialogs by sending an exploration team
- Ships, fleets and stations to encounter, interact with or fight
- Several human and alien factions waging war
- Tactical spatial battles with multiple ship class and weapons with lots of effects
- Possibility to board and capture enemy vessels by sending boarding teams
- A legendary pirate faction hunting for the player through the game
Some screenshots :