Caltex V8 Car Game and Daddy's Home Movie Game (HTML5)

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Need to make a movie trailor that will blow your audiences' socks off? Look no further that Epic Movie Trailer
  • Hi Guys,

I don't usually get to show off the games I build, but my clients wanted people to share the last two I built, so I can post them here, hope you like them!

The first one is for Caltex (an Australia chain of petrol stores) who wanted to feature the V8 racing cars they sponsor.

The game uses R0J0hound 's excellent Mode7 effect along with lunarray 's LiteTween behavior on the UI and suntemple 's Google Analytics plugin to track usage.

The game only works on mobile devices (desktops redirect to a static page):

https://creative.mobileembrace.com/caltex/vortexchallenge_share/

The second one is for the new Mark Wahlberg and Will Ferrell film "Daddy's Home".

This was my first attempt at creating enemy AI, albeit very simple! I would have liked to have spent more time balancing the game and to have had rounds like Street Fighter, but I generally get about a week to build everything and spent most of the time on the character animation.

This one just uses suntemple 's Google Analytics plugin on top of whats included with Construct 2. It was designed for mobile, but it will redirect to a desktop version if you're on desktop:

https://creative.mobileembrace.com/paramount/daddyshome_share

Any feedback welcome, one top tip I'll share for people exporting to HTML5 is to run your exported PNGs through Kraken ( https://kraken.io/web-interface ), they'll end up about a third of the size as it can convert to 8-bit colour with an 8-bit alpha channel and will usually be virtually indistinguishable from the original 24-bit colour ones.

• great projects and nice to see C2 used in such a productive and professional fashion.

congrats on those gigs too!

if you dont mind dicussing that, is freelance app development your main business?

for how long have you been doing it and how many projects like this do you get to do per year?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thank you for your kind words facecrime !

I actually work for a mobile ad company so I produce HTML5 content for a wide range of different projects. I've been using Construct 2 for about two and a half years to build games, off the top of my head, I probably build 6 to 8 a year. I dabbled with some other HTML5 game frameworks, but haven't found anything else I that can get a game live with as quickly as Construct.

Advertisers love "gamified" ad units as you can often get people engaging with brands for 2 or 3 minutes with a good game, where as you'd be lucky to get them spending 15 seconds on a standard ad unit. It's not right for every type of campaign, but does work well for some products. HTML5 games are also probably better than apps for small advertising games I build as people can go straight into the game from a link rather than being sent to an app store and being asked to install something.

• ah, great stuff and thx for the insight.

And good luck with those projects, look forward to seeing more!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)