Your C2 tests

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
A cool way for kids to write and practice English Alphabets
  • The Wii browser is Opera, and an older version, too, so, yeah, no HTML5 on that. However, I believe the 3DS browser will have proper HTML5 support, so there's that.

• However, I believe the 3DS browser will have proper HTML5 support, so there's that.

I hope you're right. That could go a long way towards giving Construct 2 greater recognition.

• What browser does the Wii have? I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't run HTML5 yet.

Opera. From my reaserch i think that the last update was made in end of 2009.

• Could, but it's highly unlikely that the performance of Canvas will be sufficient on 3DS.

But isn't HTML5 still early in it's implementation? Nintendo must understand that cell phones are a very real alternative to dedicated handheld platforms. It would be foolish of Nintendo not to recognize the growing market for cheap, quickly playable games that do not require a serious investment of time.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • ...device like the iPhone 4 (which supports HTML5 well) the performance is still what I would consider unplayable

My experience was the same.

On my work PC with integrated graphics, i get 60fps on a demo. that same demo on my iphone 3GS gets about 15 frames.

The 3DS can push more pixels (higher fillrate), but i'm not sure how that relates to canvas.

http://kotaku.com/#!5568573/nintendo-3ds-vs-psp-vs-iphone

• I think while the devices might be a bit slow today, it's inevitable in future support will improve and speed up. We'll probably see javascript engines as fast as Chrome's V8 (compile-to-machine-code speed) appearing for mobile & tablet, and a lot of these devices have mobile GPUs built in as well, so they only need a software update to get hardware accelerated canvases.

• i just did a test today how game in canvas will work with css3: here the link to the files

http://www.box.net/shared/xxoueoq7pa

you can grab the blocks holding left mous button down.

i find out that in order for browser to display game within canvas properly it can't be specified in css. I did scaling with css too ( try it if you got webkit, and maybe opera ). Basicly it only zooms the canvas without keepind the ratio, so grabing the blocks is imposibble. I wander weather some implementation of controling the canvas via css is planned?

• Then, there is the issue of hardware. The 3DS is not exactly cutting edge performance wise, and even on a much more powerful device like the iPhone 4 (which supports HTML5 well) the performance is still what I would consider unplayable for any game that has a lot of motion and moving objects.

It's just unrealistic to expect that the 3DS would somehow perform better than iPhone/iPod with significantly slower hardware.

On my work PC with integrated graphics, i get 60fps on a demo. that same demo on my iphone 3GS gets about 15 frames.

iPhone has an artificial speed limitation for HTML 5 apps in the browser, so that HTML5 applications bought from the App store perform better and Apple can control what users run on their iPhone.

BigBrother strikes again.

• iPhone has an artificial speed limitation for HTML 5 apps in the browser, so that HTML5 applications bought from the App store perform better and Apple can control what users run on their iPhone.

I've read this is actually due to the security architecture of iOS. The Safari browser got a speed boost by compiling to machine code, but for security reasons this didn't make it to HTML5 apps outside of Safari (e.g. those embedded to native apps). So nothing's been throttled, only a partial optimisation applied. I don't think it's Apple deliberately strangling HTML5 apps. In a future update, hopefully the same speed boost will be applied to the rest of iOS.

• I wanted to say hello and introduce my self to the board. I am new to Construct and Just grabbed it this afternoon. I haven't had to much time playing round with it but, here is round 4 hours of messing round with it. Good amount of time the time was getting an editor to work. Couldn't get gimp to work as the default image editor for win7. Got it fix now tho =)

http://www.tks4.com/test/

I am looking forward to working with C2 more in the future.

Seeya round

Latrobe

• MoonViewer

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22173473/Moon/index.html

Half finished app iv'e been working on.

Not very exciting unless your into astronomy.

I was trying to create an educational application, but im struggling to work out how

i can insert large paragraphs of text.

• My attempt to make a simple presentational/promotional thing with a Paralax scrolling.

I saw a flash tutorial on the internet that had about a trillion lines of code.

Only took a couple of events using Construct 2.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22173473/c2paralax/index.html

Left / right arrows to navigate.

• Made this (very short):

http://www.lionsinvests.com/game/ (Around 0.5 MB in size)

There are sounds (thanks to that plugin from this forum) but they are lagging a bit. Haven't looked into that

The collision detection is made of two sprites (Wall and floor) that are set to invisible.

The waffle movement use a boolean (true=up, false=down) that toggles every 0.1 sec (if I remember it correctly). If up, move waffle -1

You're not supposed to touch the red stuff (it was quickly put in there so that the player could die in some way so the collision boxes are really bad)

• Post regarding error with monsharen's example removed.

It runs perfectly ok. Sorry

• Speaking of error my project file turned corrupt yesterday. All I did was copying all the contents of one layout onto another. What happened was that everything ended up as gray blobs that I could not delete so I restarted scirra. Now it says the file is corrupt but that I potentially could edit the file by hand (it mentions a file url that does not exist on my drive). Tried opening the capx but it's not really readable. Maybe I misunderstood the dialogue?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)