The Bluegill Life - Web and Android

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Web Monetization
$7.50 USD
50% off
Easily add web monetization to your game and start earning money from supporting visitors.
  • Check it out my first game with Construct.

market

https://play.google.com/store/search?q= ... ill%20life

web version

http://www.scirra.com/arcade/addicting- ... egill-life

Thanks Construct!

[attachment=0:2i3qwjop]Screenshot_2014-04-11-20-37-58.png[/attachment:2i3qwjop]

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Menu artwork looks beautiful! Background image was a bit blurry here, or that's just the way it is?

Performance was good on my old android phone.

I'm guessing you didn't draw those fish sprites yourself? I think your game would look a lot better if you drew everything yourself. Also the fonts used looked a bit to plain for me, you should experiment with a bit more "fisherman" style font.

Also maybe you could change the way of dying a bit, set the hitbox to only the front of the mouth of the fish, because when you bump into it's fin now you die too.

All in all, I played it for a bit, like the concept, but I think you can do a lot better and more with it.

• Dreqs,

Thanks for the coments.

So you would prefer art fish as opposed to real images? How come?

I like the idea of the fisherman font. I design learning objects for colleges and B&I clients and we always have to stay away from funky fonts to ensure easy readability. That was my reasoning there.

However i need to break that mentality for game design on my own.

I appreciate the comments and suggestions.

Josh

• Hey,

I may have sounded a bit like an asshole, sorry for that.

But yeah I think selfmade art works a lot better in games. It's just the combination you used that I think doesnt work too well. (real high quality fish images + a low quality water background). If you prefer the real images, I suggest putting a little filter on them. So it's gives the illusion they're underwater, now they just look like fish pasted on a watery background.

I studied graphic design for a while, so I have to agree with what you said about fonts. But I think the font you used now is to 'safe', so I suggest trying some custom font because it will make your game look a lot more professional.

• Nope not like an asshole at all....

Ill play with those filters good idea. I see what you mean about the art and images combo.

I do agree about the water background. I did rush this out to the market.

The excitement got the best of me.

Thanks for the conversation. I appreciate the feedback.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)