Airscape: The Fall of Gravity - OUT NOW!

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Gravity Square is a game where I aim to reach the square at the polka dot door :)
  • Congraulations sqiddster - Another fantastic showcase of Construct's power and the dedication of a talented developer!

• Grats sqiddster (and to your team:P) trully an amazing game. I still can't believe you did all that in C2, loool.

Maybe, now that the game is out, you'll find some time to make a tutorial and teach the rest of us newbs how you made the camera follow the squid like that and rotate and everything.

Cheers.

• sqiddster grats for your game!

Its really cool to see Construct made games being launched on major platforms, makes me feel motivated

Can i ask how long was the development time for your game? Do you have a development blog which we can read?

• HuaHero I worked for about 3.5 years from the first prototype (Not full time, I had school for most of it).

Sorry, there's no development blog.

• Wow, the game with awesome gameplay and trailer. One day I'm going to develop such kind of game too. I'm happy to choose C2, the maker of awesome games.

• sqiddster

Just a quick question: How many events does AirScape have (I'm sure more than 2,000)? Just to make an idea for us. Thanks and very impressive work!

• Karak gave a pretty detailed review - good to see the performance is great after all the hassle you went through with NW.

Subscribe to Construct videos now

Some comments seemed a bit off - but I'd put that against the fact he'd been platformer'd out between Airscape, the Swindle and Shadow Blade.

Elliott yeah, I'm glad performance was good at least. That's probably one of our more negative reviews, most people were a little bit nicer

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Platformers may not be everyone's cup of tea, but what i can say:

Airscape is a EXCELLENTLY crafted game, with a lot of thoughtful design and it does set the standard very high for any other dev using C2.

Congrats on the launch and wish you all the best!

• It's very sad to hear such bad news:

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/DanielWe ... n_2015.php

Airscape is held in very high regard by almost every gamedev who uses C2.

It seems you did everything "right", great marketing, lots of showcases at game expos, awards, even some very nice let's play from big name stars.

I don't even know what lessons can be learnt from this.

• I don't even know what lessons can be learnt from this.

This was a great read, just stumbled upon it on Gamasutra Twitter! Really sorry about the sales tho.

The markets are very saturated and we need to make crazy good games to really stand out. "Good is not enough" is a brilliant way to put it. Also, I think we need to be prepared for failure and simply push on even after failing.

Not everyone makes it.

• This was a great read, just stumbled upon it on Gamasutra Twitter! Really sorry about the sales tho.

The markets are very saturated and we need to make crazy good games to really stand out. "Good is not enough" is a brilliant way to put it. Also, I think we need to be prepared for failure and simply push on even after failing.

Not everyone makes it.

Aurel

Made a great game, an excellent one, one of the best of that genre, The Next Penelope.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/332250

All positive reviews, I bought it and enjoyed it. But last I heard it was not a commercial success for him as he had hoped.

This is nuts because survival horror clones are making a killing...

I don't understand, is that just want gamers want these days?

I never really thought about all these things, especially marketing, when I think about being a gamedev, its always about making my own dream game, something that I want to play.

• I never really thought about all these things, especially marketing, when I think about being a gamedev, its always about making my own dream game, something that I want to play.

That's a great reason to make games in my opinion. Passion for your craft.

I also have several dream projects but I am trying to get better by making several smaller games and little experiments I can finish fast (and I remember you doing the same earlier).

There's no one way to make it, that's for sure.

• This is quite unexpected, I have to say! Thanks for the honest blog and for posting the link to it.

• I love a good post-mortem but am definitely bummed to see depressing news.

Regardless, this is a must-read.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)