4-player Local co-op template (W/Gamepad Support)

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Players follower. use it for anything which follows the player
  • Yes most local co-op games that use keyboard+gamepad would let you set first player as the keyboard and 2nd player as controller 1. You could make it something you could set in an options menu or something if you cannot auto detect that somehow. The way you have it setup someone would need two game controllers plugged in even if you just wanted to play one player on keyboard and one on gamepad (which is how my wife and I play those games typically).

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yes most local co-op games that use keyboard+gamepad would let you set first player as the keyboard and 2nd player as controller 1. You could make it something you could set in an options menu or something if you cannot auto detect that somehow. The way you have it setup someone would need two game controllers plugged in even if you just wanted to play one player on keyboard and one on gamepad (which is how my wife and I play those games typically).

Great insight! I apologize, I was under the impression that no one split it up like that, and everyone just used controllers. I'll start working on that. How does this sound....

I'm trying to think on how best to accomplish that. I went into a few Local Coop games, and they all handle it differently. Rivals of Aether, for example, keep pushing the keyboard controls to the next available player when a controller joins. So if player 1 was controlled by the keyboard, when a controller joins, now player 2 is controlled by the keyboard.

Risk of Rain, only lets the first person be controlled by the keyboard, the rest have to use controllers. They have an icon above the character select that you can toggle keyboard on and off (this sounds the easiest). But i'll probably have to mimic it where the players have to change the number of participants manually instead of it being dynamic like I currently have it, which was something a few people were looking forward to.

• I may be one of the very few that splits up like that but there are quite a few games I have played like this. Hammerwatch, Binding of Isaac, Nuclear Throne, Mercenary Kings and Full Mojo Rampage are a few that come to mind.

• I may be one of the very few that splits up like that but there are quite a few games I have played like this. Hammerwatch, Binding of Isaac, Nuclear Throne, Mercenary Kings and Full Mojo Rampage are a few that come to mind.

PHEW - Quite the overhaul, but I did it. Now you can toggle at the character select if you want player 1 controlled by keyboard or controller. If you select Co-op, and you have 1 controller, it will default player 1 to keyboard, and player 2 to controller. You can dynamically change it, and it will adjust what players the controllers control. So now you can do local co-op with 1 controller and 1 keyboard!

• Excellent! I will definitely be purchasing and putting this to good use in the near future.

• is there a playable demo to test? the demo in the store's website is off the air.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)