24h GameHack - 'Beyond the Wardrobe' - GameStick!

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
  • So I've just got back from the TIGA GameHack in London, which was hands down the best game jam I've been to. 36 hours of no sleep, with only a few hours the night before definitely took its toll!

<font size="6">Summary:</font>

The game is about a young boy who's too old to believe in monsters, but still too young to not be afraid. To overcome his fear, he ventures into the wardrobe to shine a light on his tormentors - literally!

<font size="6">Video</font>

[TUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKfceBM3sac&hd=1&vq=hd720[/TUBE]

<font size="6">GameStick</font>

I was able to get the game running on GameStick with CocoonJS. Point sampling killed performance for some reason, and WebGL effects also seemed like a big drain. However with those disabled I was able to get moderate performance whilst running on the pre-release hardware.

One gotcha is that the primary gamepad uses index 1, rather than index 0 which I think is the standard.

I need to really work on the difficulty curve, and maybe adding some more beasties, then I'll be distributing for free on Ouya and Gamestick :)

• thehen That's very cool!! Sorry to hear about the lack of sleep - but it paid off in the end with this game!! Awesome!!

• damainman cheers!

Here's a timelapse of development too :)

[TUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p3sdC2a3EQ&hd=1[/TUBE]

• that time-lapse breakdown was very funny :D

you did a really good job! :)

• Hey! I didn't know you could get C2 games on GameStick, any tutorials about?

• LevelUpJordan not yet I don't think. CocoonJS haven't even announced official support. Just use the gamepad object with the gamepad index of 1 and follow CocoonJS tutorials for exporting to Android.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks! :D

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)