World (bit) War 2 / Work in progress

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Progress\Loading Bar. Now Load you game like a Professional.
  • World (bit) War 2

2-player game, fight against a friend on the same computer!

Currently there is only 1 weapon type and 1 map.

Future content planned:

+ Various guns with different bullet damage

+ Different maps

+ Randomly generated covers (walls)

+ Random airdrops with guns, medicine , etc.

+ More music

+ Options menu / buttons

+ Multiplayer(?)

+ Scoreboard

+ Skins (?)

[version 0.0.0.1]

[version 0.0.0.2]

Arcade link:

https://www.scirra.com/arcade/multiplayer-games/world-bit-war-2-in-development-26825[/code:2221pv7f]

I'd appreciate any feedback be it negative or positive,
    cheers!
  • music TOO LOUD!!! you also need to ADD keyboards AZERTY !

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • music TOO LOUD!!! you also need to ADD keyboards AZERTY !

Thank you for your reply,

I personally don't think the music is too loud but I will work on something..

AZERTY keyboards..?

Edit:

Okay, so apparently French-speaking players use AZERTY.

I will consider making 2 gameplay layouts

Why are you using capslock like that? So much for a feedback, doesn't have to look like you're trolling though..

I'd very much like to hear more form you about the game besides the volume and keyboard layout.

• Europe FR and other = AZERTY

rest of the world US and other = QWERTY

well play at two on the same computer with the same keyboard its impossible.... so here its my score against no one.

• Make sure that the player hitboxes match the size of the character that you're seeing on screen

The hitbox for player 1 in particular here appears to be taller than the actual sprite--which can be felt when you jump into a ceiling and you feel yourself crash into it before your player appears to actually collide with it

Otherwise shots might look like they're missing but actually hit and people will get mad lol

I'd also try to play around with the layout of the platforms on the map a little more, and consider using both solid platforms and jump-thru platforms; right now it's kind of like wrestling through a maze of solid objects rather than dancing around cover from your opponent

Oh and use tiled backgrounds or similar for the textures on the platforms; right now you can see that it's just one sprite that's been stretched and squashed a bunch of different ways. Tiling a texture instead of distorting a sprite will help it to look a lot nicer I think

• Make sure that the player hitboxes match the size of the character that you're seeing on screen

The hitbox for player 1 in particular here appears to be taller than the actual sprite--which can be felt when you jump into a ceiling and you feel yourself crash into it before your player appears to actually collide with it

Otherwise shots might look like they're missing but actually hit and people will get mad lol

I'd also try to play around with the layout of the platforms on the map a little more, and consider using both solid platforms and jump-thru platforms; right now it's kind of like wrestling through a maze of solid objects rather than dancing around cover from your opponent

Oh and use tiled backgrounds or similar for the textures on the platforms; right now you can see that it's just one sprite that's been stretched and squashed a bunch of different ways. Tiling a texture instead of distorting a sprite will help it to look a lot nicer I think

Thank you for replying,

I will upload tomorrow an improved version with your suggestions.

+ hitboxes fixed

+ covers have been changed to platforms

+ music volume decreased

• 0.0.0.2 update ::

+ Machine gun added

+ Crate drops

+ 2 randomly selected maps (refresh to change)

Live game has been updated

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)