Website made in C2

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
A cool way for kids to write and practice English Alphabets
  • I couldn't sleep last night so I started experimenting with a website made entirely in C2. This took me about 3 hours to make and most of that time is photshop and design.

Check it out here: http://www.frozendev.com

• Website looks great man, really great execution!

Unfortunately this is pretty worthless SEO-wise I guess. :-/

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Anonnymitet

The website looks interesting and engaging. I'll consider doing something like that if/when I ever get around to releasing the game I'm working on.

Unfortunately this is pretty worthless SEO-wise I guess. :-/

Maybe a way around that would be to create a separate index.html with all the SEO tags and stuff in it, and then show the C2 created site in an iFrame?

• OddConfection

Well not really a solution, as there are more things important for SEO then just a sitemap.

You normally need to take care of right HTML-Headlines <html>, real machine-readable texts, backlinks from different other websites to your subpages etc. etc.

That´s just undoable with Construct, so it´s simply impossible to make a google competitive site with it.

• Yeah, HTML5 isn't optimal for SEO even though search engines can crawl them now. But I really don't need SEO for this type of site as I don't sell anything or need customers on the site itself. It is just a place for users to go after they have played one of my games and want to see what the studio is up to

And if you google "frozen dev" for example my website should appear high enough anyway and that is all that matters for a studio website

• really well done, I like it!

• Anonnymitet

Beaverlicious

You all are really behind in terms of current technology it seems,Services like https://prerender.io/ solve the SEO problems

• Phacanu

Interesting company, but that doesn´t really solve the SEO-issues you get when creating a website in Construct, it just makes it a bit less time intensive if you really try to optimize it SEO-wise.

Of course there are a lot of workarounds but it´s simply not made for making websites and that´s a fact.

How do you set super relevant things like <h1>, IMG-alt, Tags, integrate google analytics properly etc.

Also i`m not sure whether there is a way to create a clean internal link structure where you automatically generate a sitemap and things like this.

• Phacanu

Interesting company, but that doesn´t really solve the SEO-issues you get when creating a website in Construct, it just makes it a bit less time intensive if you really try to optimize it SEO-wise.

Of course there are a lot of workarounds but it´s simply not made for making websites and that´s a fact.

How do you set super relevant things like <h1>, IMG-alt, Tags, integrate google analytics properly etc.

Also i`m not sure whether there is a way to create a clean internal link structure where you automatically generate a sitemap and things like this.

I think a site like FrozenDev made has a special purpose, where SEO does not really matter. We are not talking about a blog, it is a intro site with details. no real SEO needed except for the site shows on google

• Exactly, I can also mention that I am a web developer and I still make regular websites. But in this case I wanted to make a cool site for my studio so C2 was suitable for that. But I will not go over to making all sites in C2 anytime soon

I didn't have time to make a regular site for my studio atm so to be able to get this one made and launched in 3 hours was perfect.

• Exactly, I can also mention that I am a web developer and I still make regular websites. But in this case I wanted to make a cool site for my studio so C2 was suitable for that. But I will not go over to making all sites in C2 anytime soon

so...how much to make me one?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)