Tank wars 2 - multiplayer

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
Source file (commented event sheets), art and all music included and 100% royalty free.
  • Lots of updates done already, check the newer version here.

Try it here

updated 15-feb-2015

Controls:

Keyboard, arrows (or aswd) and spacebar to shoot.

Details:

death matches.

8 players per match max.

3 tanks with slightly different attributes as speed, life and attack damage and different attack weapons (strength, firing speed)

The rockets are able to shoot an arch and hit targets on higher floors.

Small radar indicating players around you.

Killed/death tracking system while in game.

Custom name through main menu before game starts.

Looking for some general feedback on game play relating to kills, deaths, timing of events et

Updates:

Improved game mechanics

-New floor leveling with collision system, improving bumpage

-Various new audio

-Destroy-able terrain

-Audio controle

-New audio fx

-Songs

-Stats overview

-Advanced reconnection: peers take over when host leaves

Improved multiplayer options

-Region choices

-create or join private games

Improved Hud

-Graphics

-Tank speed gauge

-Button interfaces

-Game messages

Improved player control

-Improved speed control

-Acceleration and deceleration

-Firing recoil

-Ammo

-Firing lag compensation was implemented, but the host keeps getting 0,0 for the x,y compensates :-Advanced camera movement

Pickups

-Ammo refill / Ammo add 10

-Titan (COD like hellfire missile)+

-Support missile (Fighter jet strafe run)

-Homing missile

-Armor repair

-Shield, 20 seconds indestructible shield

Still working on various updates, better speed manipulation, new touch screen controls, joystick, social logins, and stats keeping offline.

If you run into bugs, try a reconnect or exit and try again.

Web RTC can be iffy

• That was fun.

Suggestion: Would be nice if the tank turned on key pressed and hold, but still turning in increments.

• That was fun.

Suggestion: Would be nice if the tank turned on key pressed and hold, but still turning in increments.

Noted ^_^

Was good play indeed, it seemed very smooth

Thanks

• Progress.

*top post updated

• Ha I love the shadow and the subtle animation of the tank. It was fun, (this would also be a blast playing on a big screen with a few friends locally). Keep up the good work.

• good game

Hey man, thanks for testing.

I have been busy the last month working on lots of updates for TankWars 2.

Here is an updated version

*top post updated

I have been making lots of progress.

Still working on various updates, better speed manipulation, new touch screen controls, joystick, social logins, and stats keeping offline.

If you run into bugs, try a reconnect or exit and try again.

Web RTC can be iffy

• lennaert how do you create such smooth movement between all peers? D:

Also, would you mind sharing how floors work? I'm trying to get the hang of 2.5D in multiplayer and while I think I've got the theory down, I've yet to try implementing it.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • lennaert how do you create such smooth movement between all peers? D:

Also, would you mind sharing how floors work? I'm trying to get the hang of 2.5D in multiplayer and while I think I've got the theory down, I've yet to try implementing it.

Hey DatapawWolf

The floors just required a smart approach to them, lots of knowing when 'not' to invoke something combined with a couple else's in the right order. (image below of floor leveling collisions core)

As to the multiplayer, I spent weeks on end working out the mechanics and best approaches ... and in the end I managed quite well.

-Knowing what to execute by who (host/peer/both) really makes a difference.

-As few datasynchs as possible with a smart approach to movement.

My host and peer event sheets are tiny compared to my common events sheet.

(host 100 events, peer 50 events, common 500 events)

Wall is also member of level objects

I named my layers to: level0, level1, level2

Referencing them like move to layer: "level"&playertanks.activelevel

• this is 1 awesome game, dident laughed so much for long time,really enjoyd it:D need more optimization for sure:D

• this is 1 awesome game, dident laughed so much for long time,really enjoyd it:D need more optimization for sure:D

hehe, yes, same here !!!!

was awesome

I'll look into performance for the next updates too

• lennaert

The floors just required a smart approach to them, lots of knowing when 'not' to invoke something combined with a couple else's in the right order. (image below of floor leveling collisions core)

hanks for the screenshot.

As to the multiplayer, I spent weeks on end working out the mechanics and best approaches ... and in the end I managed quite well.

-Knowing what to execute by who (host/peer/both) really makes a difference.

-As few datasynchs as possible with a smart approach to movement.

o you still keep the host authoritative of all connected peers?

I named my layers to: level0, level1, level2

Referencing them like move to layer: "level"&playertanks.activelevel

hat's what I have so far, except "floor0, floor1, etc." :D

• lennaert

> The floors just required a smart approach to them, lots of knowing when 'not' to invoke something combined with a couple else's in the right order. (image below of floor leveling collisions core)

> hanks for the screenshot.

> As to the multiplayer, I spent weeks on end working out the mechanics and best approaches ... and in the end I managed quite well.

>

> -Knowing what to execute by who (host/peer/both) really makes a difference.

> -As few datasynchs as possible with a smart approach to movement.

> o you still keep the host authoritative of all connected peers?

The host does the handling of the common rocket tank rockets and the tank shells impacts.

The host and peer both have restrictive properties and functionality in the common events.

Such as the level collisions core, it runs in a big for each playertanks loop.

Part of the smooth movements ... if you steer ... your need to steer everywhere host, yourself, other peers

When you tell the host to move, make sure to move yourself too on the peer, so the updates from the host back to you do not have that high of an impact as you were already in the right direction yourself

The peers and the host each have the same map, and both can make use of its properties to run things smoother.

Most of the level problems arise when you are determining restrictions for others.

> I named my layers to: level0, level1, level2

> Referencing them like move to layer: "level"&playertanks.activelevel

> hat's what I have so far, except "floor0, floor1, etc."

You have to start somewhere

One of the more daring issues with "being on a floor" .. is having everyone determine where you and they are on when they begin/die/restart etc

• Part of the smooth movements ... if you steer ... your need to steer everywhere host, yourself, other peers

When you tell the host to move, make sure to move yourself too on the peer, so the updates from the host back to you do not have that high of an impact as you were already in the right direction yourself

do that, but it still seems like the player moves too much and jitters back a few pixels. I think in my case the peer is actually moving too much. :/

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)