superball (pc, tablet, smartphone)

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
A space themed game with high quality 2D graphics and addictive music that provide hours of fun
  • Hello,

here's a prototype of a gameidea:

superball

It' like a minigolf game with obstacles - sound cheap but isn't.

The player has to put the ball to the goal. (I will implement also some kind of scoring, highscorelist, pp.)

It's a rough prototype but you can check the sandbox level...

http://www.gameus.de/superball

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I love minigolf games, currently there is not much control on the ball (at least as far as I saw), but the physics seems to work pretty well, as for the screensize, you might want to learn to support multiple screen sizes since for this kind of game it would work pretty well with not too much things to worry about, also giving the player a way to scroll through the environnement, but for a prototype, it really feels nice, and I am sure you can make a great game out of it.

• hi Aphrodite

What type/way of ball control do you miss?

(did you use a touchinterface or the mouse?)

thanx!

[update]

• i changed the screen height for fullscreen
    • i changed the ball control
    • i implemented scolling the screen
    • ...an add some minor things
  • hi Aphrodite

What type/way of ball control do you miss?

(did you use a touchinterface or the mouse?)

thanx!

[update]

- i changed the screen height for fullscreen

- i changed the ball control

- i implemented scolling the screen

- ...an add some minor things

I tested the newer version, and I cannot figure out how to change the power and direction on a touchscreen (I do not have my pc on right now), it seems to go to 0, 0 (relative to the viewport) with 100 power, the scrolling works fine now

• I tested the newer version, and I cannot figure out how to change the power and direction on a touchscreen (I do not have my pc on right now), it seems to go to 0, 0 (relative to the viewport) with 100 power, the scrolling works fine now

Hi Aphrodite

try it this way:

tap the screen the direction you want to put - the greater the distance to the ball the more power you use (I've change the control this way. It's easier on tablets i think).

to scroll the playground wipe on the screen (scrolling as usual)

(it works on my tablet/smartphone - if not on yours would you tell me your type of device? )

• mercuryus

I think I know the problem, you were using mouse.x and mouse.y (or other mouse relative coordinate) somewhere? Because the default browser for android wrongly reports mouse inputs as well as touch input, but other browsers do not, they report only the touch input and coordinate, tried on google chrome for android, firefox for android, and the stock browser, only the stock browser works (and I am pretty sure that is because it reports wrong inouts, it happened to me so many times)

• Aphrodite

many thanx - this is very usefull!

I've changed the position to touch (if touch) and added some debug informations.

Would you please give it another try and test it?

if the problems still there could you send me a screenshot (to ) please?

...then i have to dig deeper with the different drowser behaviors...

• The game now works, but the arrow is not following the touch, when the screen is touched, it would be nice to be able to make the ball follow the touch.

As an advice, I recommand to try regularly on chrome or/and firefox for android as your main test, and the stock browser after that works first on chrome / firefox, since the stock browser is just bad (but people seems to like it).

• Aphrodite

I've change the arrow thing.

It's now only visible on desktops therefore i add some touchinfo at startup (different for desktop and mobile).

(this will become an extra help-screen at startup later on)

Thanks for your help!

Hope you like the game and continue watching the progress on the game (and give more great hints )

[updates]

• expanded the playgroundsize and the neccesary scrolling x/y
    • add a "center to ball" icon if the ball is out of screen
  • I love these kinda games. I was working on a very similar one a year or so ago called Battle Golf.. was gonna have a Worms style play to it with multiplayer etc etc. Not sure why I abandoned that one actually. Pretty sure mine had the exact same mechanics. Don't worry, I'm not saying you copied me.. that would be impossible since I never released mine haha

Was just a weird feeling to see this. It just took me right back to when I was working on mine.

Hope you keep working on this!

• superball

got some updates

- Leveldesign changed - a little bit (more 3d) and a high sky (introducing later stellar levels)

• Added some sounds
    • splash & "how to use" help added
    • tested on several browsers (pc, mobile)

feedback welcome...

http://www.gameus.de/superball

• ...and once again a new update - now a major one: replaced physics behavior with bullet behavior.

I'm still not perfectly satisfied - but what you think?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)