Spinlot

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
  • Hello C2 users and fans!

I would like to present my new game Spinlot. We are 2 guys working on this game, my friend doing art and I'm having fun with Construct. Spinlot is kind of casual game that can be played and enjoyed by any age. On the other hand we wanted experience gamers to have fun too, so we decided to add hard mode and it proofed as good decision during play testing.

So why I didn't post anything sooner? Well I don't really like rushed threads and publicity of "ideas" that will never be created and I wanted to have something to show first. Now I have a demo version or alpha version as you want to call it. There is 10 story levels and 5 hard modes. Of course there is still much work left to do, but you can get an impression of what Spinlot is about.

You can control with mouse, keyboard or touch device. So far the alpha version is aimed at PC, mobile devices will get own optimized version with zoomed in camera, different menu, etc. So the game looks bad on small resolution phones but it works pretty well on tablets from 7" and up or high res phones.

You can download demo for windows http://spinlot.com/demo.html or go directly to Browser version HERE

Any feedback is appreciated. It will be awesome if you follow and share Spinlot if you like it.

Subscribe to Construct videos now

facebook

indiedb

twitter

official site

devlog

That's it for now. I'm going to post regular updates from now on and I will be updating this thread with important news too.

• Amazing, I love new puzzle ideas.

There a huge market for puzzle games on mobiles.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Amazing, I love new puzzle ideas.

There a huge market for puzzle games on mobiles.

Thank you!

Yes mobile will be probably the best platform for this type of game. I wanted to focus on PC but when I tried it on my tablet for the first time it felt much more better then control with mouse. Only limitation that bothers me is small screen of phones but it is not that big issue I guess.

• Hello! Just posting a brief summary about we is done and what is coming next to Spinlot.

What is done

So far, apart from functional game, we have 30 tested and polished levels and 20 levels we are tweaking right now. The original plan was to make 40 normal and 40 hard levels but we are probably going to exceed this number. We came up with much more buffs and mechanics than we hoped for and with just 40 levels the game would feel rushed.

Simultaneously with level design we are working on sounds and music. The only sfx in the game so far is triggered on move and even that is probably just a placeholder.

What we are working on

We are testing some alternatives to basic gameplay at the moment. Some of the mods that might or might not be in the final game are local multiplayer, endless run, speed run or level maker. We will make sure to let you know how things are going and even let you try anything new. There will be also things like achievements, additional skins unlocked by completing special events, collecting all bonuses or having a perfect run.

We are also testing some boss battles or more likely levels with some special mechanics. These levels should be longer and probably multi phased. We will see how it goes.

As you can see, there is still so much work to do. It almost seems that we are on beginning, even that we already spend a few months working on Spinlot.

Thank you all for the feedback and kind words!

• It's really nice. Not so much things to say.

I would just notice that you have to be careful about the pickable objects (like keys //Power ups), I've seen the key in the first try but I feel like I could have miss it! Maybe you should make these things more visible than it is now (well the one in the last lvl has an animation so it was fine), with like a light blinking around it or whatever that can quickly catch the attention of the eye.

also: what's this yellow pickable square in lvl five for exemple? Is it like, an optional objective? It feels weird that it's the only thing that doesnt have sprite yet, ahah!

Apart from that, nothing to say, your gameplay seems solid and you're gonna improve it from what you say. Good job guys.

• This is really fun! I like this game.

One thing: can you indicate which end is the pivot and which is not at the current turn? Instead of fixed colours? I don't know.. I often get them mixed up..

• I would just notice that you have to be careful about the pickable objects (like keys //Power ups), I've seen the key in the first try but I feel like I could have miss it! Maybe you should make these things more visible than it is now (well the one in the last lvl has an animation so it was fine), with like a light blinking around it or whatever that can quickly catch the attention of the eye.

You are absolutely right, power ups were hard to notice, so we reworked them. That one in last level was test to see how it will look.

also: what's this yellow pickable square in lvl five for exemple? Is it like, an optional objective? It feels weird that it's the only thing that doesnt have sprite yet, ahah!

Optional objective, exactly. We are just not sure what it will be, what it does and even if it is going to be in game. I don't like things in games without purpose, so if I don't find any good purpose for this one, we just going to delete it.

Thanks for feedback!

• This is really fun! I like this game.

One thing: can you indicate which end is the pivot and which is not at the current turn? Instead of fixed colours? I don't know.. I often get them mixed up..

Thank you for valuable feedback. The colors are in fact important for some puzzles later in game (you will even change them thru the game), that's why they are fixed, wasn't supposed to be "pivot" indication. On the other hand, we have colorblind mode on our todo list, that will include some further indication for circles. This mode will surely be solution to this issue too.

• Also, forgot to say, but, sometime I got a bit confused and it was frustrating a bit

like, my brain thought for some reason that the pivot will rotate in the other way when I was near an obstacle, and so I died, several time.

This was frustrating, but it also part of what makes the fun in the game so it's fine I guess, but I think it's good for you to know I got confused about the way it rotate.

[quote:aayhs5zu]mikva wrote:

Optional objective, exactly. We are just not sure what it will be, what it does and even if it is going to be in game. I don't like things in games without purpose, so if I don't find any good purpose for this one, we just going to delete it.

Yea I understand that. As a suggestion, I would say it could be cool if it was unlocking the other mods you talked about earlier. Specially the editor actually, because it would make the player be aware of the mechanics of the game before he creates anything (so you would have only experimented player making lvls, which can be good if you have a sharing option for exemple). But it could also be done with unlocking mods by finishind a certain amount of lvls..

So yea, I dunno if those objectives are that useful for the gameplay ( 'cause moving in this game is really slow, you don't want to spend time to go somewhere for an optionnal objective I would say).

You're welcome for the feedbacks

Keep going with this, it's a really nice game!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)