Snapping mechanics

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Top down zombie survival mechanics pack in the style of Cannon Fodder.
  • Hello!

I am quite new to Construct 2. Have been working with it for a few weeks. And still using the free version.

But nontheless I have drafted out a game that I would like to develop. I have already prototyped some of the mechanics I plan on using.

On one of these I would like to get some feedback/help from you.

I am trying to create a userfriendly snapping system. This is for building/modyfing players vehicle.

Here's what I have:

Just the mechanics.

I don't know if that's the most economical way of implementing it or if there is some better/smarter way. Or I should scrap it all and start again.

Maybe some of you are willing to take a look at the capx file I attached and give some advice

• Looks good. Easy enough from a user's perspective. Internally, I'm sure the four almost-identical code blocks (7, 10, 13, 16) can be made into one Don't have the time now but I've done similar optimizations in other posts recently. Hint: arrays. Also if you had the full version you could use a Container rather than keeping UID. Good luck.

edit: actually I meant families not arrays, but that is a full version feature also

• codah, thank you for the reply.

Arrays and containers, you say! I'll take a look and see what I can come up with.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yes, libraries would help alot. But I think in this case a little array made quite a difference.

And it turns out that in free version it is possible to use containers. This made my events much easier to read.

Added the new version.

• Yes, libraries would help alot. But I think in this case a little array made quite a difference.

And it turns out that in free version it is possible to use containers. This made my events much easier to read.

Added the new version.

ok cool I thought it was pro only. And looks like arrays to the rescue again

• Thank you, codah, for pushing me in the right direction!

• Not sure if I really did anything, but glad to help!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)