RicoShot! (a space shmup)

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
54 unique spaceships created in pixel art style. Great for creating top-down shooter games.
  • I'd love some feedback on nPONGo - A Multiplayer Shooter, and RicoShot! ESPECIALLY THE LATTER.

My second game, RicoShot!, is actually the first game I tried to make, but decided it was too complicated. I went instead with what was originally going to be a simple Pong clone, but we know how that turned out! Anyway, the screen set up evokes vertical scrolling shmups with endless ammo. It always bothered me that for so many scrolling shmups there was plenty incentive to never take your finger off the fire button. Limited-ammo weapons were usually on their own buttons, so a constant stream of bullets was always a good idea. Developers realized this and made (especially mobile) shmups where the primary weapon fired automatically and constantly, which also bothered me. I wanted a game that sharply discouraged it, but let you fire all crazy if you wanted to. The first thing you'll notice is that although it looks like the usual vertical scroller, you can actually move in eight directions. You'll also quickly realize why the name is RicoShot! (hint: ricochet). It goes on to be really hard (for me, at least) and pretty fun (again, for me, and to my friends). I also just finished adding asymmetrical multiplayer, though single players can multitask for added challenge/benefit and pilot both machines at once.

The story will be silly and not very fleshed out, and I have a spriter on-board to add some more personality and give them rough gem some more luster. I hope that somebody out there enjoys it, and let me know what you think! Oh yeah, there's one boss, then an additional, harder playthrough kicks off, and it loops like that.

https://www.scirra.com/arcade/shooting- ... mode-25159

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Game's buggy - after you die, it just tweaks out. It's 100% unplayable beyond your first life.

• What do you mean? After you die it shows your score and waits. The keyboard reset key is R, or you can hold the green touch screen button.

• So, you're only supposed to have one life? Because after you die, you can place another ship on the screen... but (as I said before) you can't do anything with that ship.

• You only get one life, definitely. What other ship? Perhaps you mean Ghost, using WASD. That is a completely separate character, and can be pulled out of the bottom of the screen for some asymmetrical multiplayer. I multitask and use him for his bombs and shield abilities.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)