It took some (and will take some more) hours - up to now it's about 40-50h.
Some details about the project?
I startet with a prototype but I didn't liked the artwork very much. So I bought a sprite asset and startet over again with the same idea (btw - i love the C2 concept very much - thanx to Ashley, Thomas and Paulo for the great job).
Depending on the objects of the asset I rewrote the game design document from scratch and wrote the core game functions using a sandbox level.
On and on I added the NPC's and objects with their behavior and build the first levels with the new functions.
At the same time the tutorial level, the menu, the sounds where implemented so far.
Some alpha testers thought the overall gameplay is too easy other it's too hard to play so I implemented a dynamic game difficiulty system, depending on the players progress - and it gave the game a complete new challenge.
As a result I had to redesign the existing leves for the new system.
The next steps:
- design the more complex puzzles for the level
- build more levels and implement the already planned game options (e.g. viewrange, ...)
- implement the shop system
(the player can upgrade to more powerfull tools, to solve the later levels)
- mix the levels background music
- implement the login and onlinehighscore system
(and maybe i have some additional ideas while finishing the game )
I would love to get a lot of response on what you like/dislike - so please drop a note after you've played the game