"grid-style" 2D RPG

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
2d mushroom sprite 2d game character enmy sprite game art
  • I am working on a 2D-RPG where you choose a class in the beginning and try to get as far as possible. Each level is based on a 15x15 - 20x12 grid with different enemies and surprises. You have exactly 15 (may change later) moves left to pass a level or you have to restart. 1 Move = Attack, Walk, Check. I didn't put too much thought into gameplay yet, so that's it.

Class Ideas:

[quote:27qpa0yz]Archer

Special: Range = 2

[quote:27qpa0yz]Assassin

Special: Doesn't take damage while passing an enemy

[quote:27qpa0yz]Scout

Special: Walking-Range: 5

If you have any gameplay-ideas, let me know. I will update this thread regularly.

• Looks interesting. I was thinking each level could have several win conditions or "missions/quests" so to speak? That would give some variety. Ideas for different mission types could be.

*kill all enemies.

*protect resource - enemies will keep moving towards one point that you have to protect.

*delivery - bring something from point A to B

*sneaky - go from point A to B undetected.

*find something. Scout the map. Hidden item is not revealed until you are 2 tiles away.

Maybe something like that would be fun gameplay?

• tunepunk

I had something like missions/quests in mind but I also want the player to pass a level without accomplishing a mission so it's up to him if he wants to so it or not. The only levels which wont be skipabale are boss-stages. Missions make the player stronger so if you end up skipping levels then u wont pass any boss level.

I want it to be a strategic RPG where u have to plan ever move you do.

Your ideas sound good but I wouldnt implement them as requirments to pass the level but rather to get an optional item.

Does this gameplay idea sound interesting?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Fireche These types of games are always fun to play for me as long as you can get the action / fighting system done right i think people would play

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)