Post screenshots of what you're working on!!

From the Asset Store
We present to you “Post Apocalyptic Trailer” – our newest hard hitting, bass rumbling designed movie trailer collection.
  • mudmask that game looks really cool! Have you got the river generating randomly on every play?

EDIT: reading back through, there is some epically good work posted in this thread...

Thanks so much - while the river isn't COMPLETELY random each time, it's made of random parts that connect together which make different combinations each time. Every time you go X distance it loads another block of level based on the last block's exit point. Not sure if that makes sense! One of those things I came up with laying in bed.. haha

The grass terrain, the trees and bushes, the clouds, and the little water ripples all appear at random though. It definitely gives the illusion of total procedural generation, but I still maintain control of the various parts of the river so that they're both playable and also look nice.

• Improved command console and debug. Includes a new /help command (thus the /kill explanation is a test of the command), it's mostly good but could use a bit of tweaking. Will add a feature to click objects/entities to feed their associated metadata to the console log later in the afternoon

• Improved command console and debug. Includes a new /help command (thus the /kill explanation is a test of the command), it's mostly good but could use a bit of tweaking. Will add a feature to click objects/entities to feed their associated metadata to the console log later in the afternoon

You've been at this project for a while and it looks great! what resolution are you targeting? or do you have it setup as a variable resolution?

• > Improved command console and debug. Includes a new /help command (thus the /kill explanation is a test of the command), it's mostly good but could use a bit of tweaking. Will add a feature to click objects/entities to feed their associated metadata to the console log later in the afternoon

>

>

>

You've been at this project for a while and it looks great! what resolution are you targeting? or do you have it setup as a variable resolution?

1280x720, so standard HD resolution but I need to fix some bugs as upping the resolution apparently breaks the zone camera system.

• > mudmask that game looks really cool! Have you got the river generating randomly on every play?

>

> EDIT: reading back through, there is some epically good work posted in this thread...

>

Thanks so much - while the river isn't COMPLETELY random each time, it's made of random parts that connect together which make different combinations each time. Every time you go X distance it loads another block of level based on the last block's exit point. Not sure if that makes sense! One of those things I came up with laying in bed.. haha

The grass terrain, the trees and bushes, the clouds, and the little water ripples all appear at random though. It definitely gives the illusion of total procedural generation, but I still maintain control of the various parts of the river so that they're both playable and also look nice.

Yeah what you say does make sense, and its cool! Ive actually just finished a game that uses a *similar-ish* system: infinitely top scrolling, and blocks (prefabs I call them ) are chosen from a group depending on what the previous one was. Then various elements laid on top of those prefabs are chosen and positioned randomly.

So your game is for mobile right? Will you be putting in ads etc to monetize? Will you be using Cocoon, the C3 build service?

• Artpunk - well to be honest... I have a top secret plan for how to monetize this project.... But, maybe if you message me... I'll tell you about it.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • My fan project a little old game

Play game

https://www.scirra.com/arcade/adventure ... -bros-6115

• Made a little localisation system using sprite fonts. I wanted to get the Japanese and Chinese scripts to be smaller but they start to lose clarity at sizes smaller than this.

• Artpunk

very cool man,

I want to do the same but im having enough trouble doing a basic menu that I never want to see menu events again.

just make sure that If I select Japanese by accident I can find my way back to English.

...dont want to end up like Tom Cruise at the start of Edge of Tomorrow.

edit

gawd dam, i need to come to this thread more often. This is like the awesome projects section of the forum....gives me a warm tingly feeling looking through them all.

• Just some shots of a few of the environments from one of my current games that I have been working on forever.

• THX1138666 I like the art style. I think would look great on a mobile phone.

• THX1138666 cool megadrive vibe!

• I'm currently working on item metadata organization (in a dictionary to match rest of the gamekit's metadata) then inventory improvements; specifically a second inventory page, spoils bag (loot storage, applications for quests/crafting) and equipable equipment but here's the sort of finalization for the debug screen + console command:

I'll eventually look into making it a bit more high-contrast for disabled users/ease of visibility (very transparent grey background under the text?) but I also want to eventually add future time/weather commands + finalize the debug layout for the end of v1.2/release

So far, I've got the following commands implemented: /help (self-explanatory), /noclip (disables collisions for objects, useful for debugging), /kill (kills the specified entity), /spawn (spawns a new instance of the specified entity), /restore (restores HP+MP to full), /give (gives a specified item) and /clear (clears console-log text)

Future commands will also include /weather and /time (such as something like "/weather set rain" or "/time set morning" but also some special cases like "/time freeze" or "/weather building-override")

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 6 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 6 guests)