Post screenshots of what you're working on!!

• Happy Halloween, good people of Scirra!!!

& a happy Friday the 13th.

This program has been very good to me & I want to share what what I've been working on.

A few years ago on Halloween, my girlfriend & I were playing with Perler Beads. We stayed up all night watching horror movies & making little glow- in- the- dark ghosts out of these plastic beads that would then be melted together. we hung them about in our art gallery. Later, I drew the set of my 9 pixel art ghosts into my computer. As I did so I gave them names & it hit me!

Pearl's Ghosts.

Featuring, from left to right;

Santa, Whuh, Fister, Glub, Whoo, Baby, Cornelius, Boo & Kathy.

I quickly designed the Female Pearl character & started searching for a program that could help make it happen.

Between other matters, it took me a few years to find Scirra. Once I got my feet wet, there was no stopping me.

The online tutorials have been nothing short of amazing! In no time at all, my game started taking shape.

I've worked on every zone in the game. Figured out it's greater mechanics. One fine evening, every zone's theme song raced through my head & in only a few hours, "Pearl's Ghosts" had the greater elements of its sound track.

This is literally a dream come true. After a life- time of fantasizing. After RPG maker on Playstation. After a highly devoted mod of a "Sonic the Hedgehog" fan game on the "Doom Legacy" engine, I have finally made something I can love & share.

Now my demo is ready. It is the full first zone of the game & I'm open to opinions.

Please download it let me know what you think.

From one Halloween to another, I proudly present "Pearl's Ghosts"!

Thank you,

Stewart B. Carson AKA Sparkz

mediafire.com/file/798f53bl7 ... s+DEMO.zip

• Finally got back to reworking the boss of the old Grave Prosperity Redux! In this remake the encounter is a little different:

• Starting an encounter in KlangM. A lot of work just to get past that silly tap to start music restriction...

Environment art:

• Project Goblins (Working TItle)

Working on my Debug View system. recently added a character hitbox view

Quick stress test of "juice" functions and early combat mechanics

• Starting an encounter in KlangM. A lot of work just to get past that silly tap to start music restriction...

Environment art:

Always impressed with how good a game made with C2 can look! Great work!

I've read somewhere that Klang runs with 60FPS even with a lot of action taking place on the screen. Could you create a tutorial about optimizing performance (once you have time left)? That would help a LOT of people in the community, including me.

• CreativeMind Thank you! Yes I have been considering doing a video series on the most crucial pitfalls I've encountered with my time using Construct. I feel I possess a lot of wisdom now that I could've killed for back when I was starting out. No promises when or if I'll make it though.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • CreativeMind Thank you! Yes I have been considering doing a video series on the most crucial pitfalls I've encountered with my time using Construct. I feel I possess a lot of wisdom now that I could've killed for back when I was starting out. No promises when or if I'll make it though.

Sounds great.

If you put it on YouTube someday, put ads in it, you'll make some money.

• Super Ubie Island 1 didn't have powerups. I really want to change that for part 2.

Here are a couple powerup ideas that I have for him. Sonic influences are huge here

• For A Game By Its Cover jam :3

https://itch.io/jam/a-game-by-its-cover-2017/rate/179224

love the style

• NotionGames Your new game looks awesome. Please tell me it is brutally difficult?

• Omega Racers

Project page

https://www.facebook.com/omegaracers/

Play game

https://www.scirra.com/arcade/racing-games/rc-challenge-17397

"Almost good." - Sonny Chiba

• guimaraf Your game looks pretty cool ! Good luck !

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)