2 Player - Square Fighters

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Basic Rounded Vector Geometry Player Design with Glow for 3 player games
  • Hello!

After my first 2D moba I decided to make a small pause of it and try something more classic, thus I wanted to created a Smash bros like fighting game.

I just started with it and try to focus more on mechanics than on graphics, give me feedback or suggest me ideas for new characters/maps! (maps are actually pretty fast to make)

You'll need a second player to play it right now but a KI mode is following soon!

https://kingdanius.itch.io/square-fighters-2-player

• nice game! the camera zoom in and out is great.

on the next update, you can add some hit reaction when the player get hit.

I know it is hard to make a fighting game, because I am making one, it is called "Rec JP fight" (avaiable to play on scirra arcade).

the worst parts are to code the AI, deal with a lot of animations and moves. everything

• nemezes

Thank you ^^

there is the "stun" animation already when someone being hit but it's more or less a placeholder, will be better someday.

Soon I want to add an AI, too and I know how difficult a good AI is to code xD (already made one for a 2d MOBA)

I am going to try out your game

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • one thing that I learnt when making "Rec Jp Fight" is to make all the animations independent of press/touch commands.

I mean, instead of using "when right button pressed, then player walk right and do walk animation to right" you just put: "when right button pressed, then walk right" and in other event you put "if player is walking and platform vector X > 0, then do the walk animation to right". I think it is better, because when coding the AI, you just say to the AI "go right" and the animation will follow the command correctly. so, when I am coding my AI, I just say the AI to do things and I dont worry dealing with the animations.

• nemezes

I also got my way after trying some things out and it is actually pretty nice.

First, I have 1 object for each player which I just call "controlls" or smth like that. In the event sheet I code it like that:

While D down -> set controlls "right" to 1

Else -> set controlls "right" to 0

And then if right is equal to 1, simulate movement right

This way I can always change key-bindings pretty fast or add something like touch support and AI behavior without problems.

The "controlls" object is just somewhere out of the window and is not visible ingame.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)