Platformer/Bullet Hell Pre-Alpha

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Is a system for building scorecards and achievements online for use in games Using this system, you can create a scorebo
  • This is a fairly early prototype, you customise your loadout with different weapons, perks etc. then tackle wave after wave of enemies,

At the start of a level you are given an objective which on completion will transport you to a new level and reduce difficulty.

You die when your combo hits 0.

Play In Browser: http://levelupjordan.itch.io/platformershmup-prototype

Left click to shoot primary, right click for secondary. Move with WASD

A few issues I think need addressing are:

1. The difficulty, right now the game in general and the objectives are much too tough

2. Art and sound

3. Upon completion of an objective the spawning in a new level is too quick and jarring

4. Needs more variety

Any feedback is appreciated, even if it's just reiterating the issues I mentioned above.

Thanks!

Jordan

• Really fun! Feels like a very arcadey game, sorta like a platformy Smash TV or something. I can see a lot of potential in it!

Personally I'd be tempted to grab some placeholder graphics from wherever you can find - something like the Spriters Resource will probably have plenty of stuff that fits the bill - and just see how it looks with some nice graphics on it, but that's me. Look forward to seeing what you do with it

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks! Glad you liked it.

There is actually an artist busy making art assets as I type so I felt like getting placeholders in for only a few days would be time/effort that could be used somewhere else wasted. I'll be sure to update the post when we have art

• And there went 30 minutes of my workday.... Nice prototype!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)