Monza 1950

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
  • MONZA 1950 Demo

Monza 1950 is a car racing game, made with less than 100 lines of code. Is the first game that I realized with Costruct 2 (free version).

There are two playable circuits, Test Track and Monza 1950. Each race lasts six rounds and at the end of the race will show the ranking with the times.

If the game like we add other circuits and features (audio, rankings etc.) with the paid version of Construct 2.

Some pictures:

You can play it from here:

scirra.com/arcade/action/18574/monza-1950

Control of the car (the red car):

Arrow key left or right: turn left or right.

D: accelerated.

S: brake.

• Very cool game!

I like it.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks Mercuryus; I am happy that you enjoy the game.

• I like the idea of classic Grand Prix arcade style racing game.

Here's few points I found that could improve your game.

• Adding some "sliding" to cars when going through corners would be cool, as those cars were well know to lose grip on exiting of corners. You have it implemented when on grass so maybe experiment with grip level on tarmac as well.
    • Controls could be designed in different way, personally I would just use Arrow keys for what you have so far.
    • I finish a whole race without using a brake and won it. And for arcade game its good idea maybe add a bit more deceleration when releasing Throttle button.
  • I miss my 1976 Monza.

• - Controls could be designed in different way, personally I would just use Arrow keys for what you have so far.

- I finish a whole race without using a brake and won it. And for arcade game its good idea maybe add a bit more deceleration when releasing Throttle button.

In the next version of Monza in 1950, I would add up / down arrow to accelerate / brake.

Even in normal or hard difficulty don't you brake or release the accelerator?

• I just tested Normal and Hard difficulty level, and I manage to make clean laps without releasing Throttle (Monza), need to use brake/ lift of throttle only when "racing" other cars. But their racing line and behavior are far from perfect at the moment and they actually a pain to race with.

On the test track I need to brake on "U" shaped corners, there is a strange feeling that car loose its grip depending on how long I hold turn key (without throttle at the time)

Also you need to work on a collisions between cars as well I think, as now it's breaking the experience. Too much slow down per "bump". Also on some "hit" angles cars should carry on speed without slow down (when you bump side to side for example).

things I will change

• At the moment you have 3 difficulty levels, maybe to make it more "cool" let player to choose different spec cars (more power/less grip etc that will represent Easy, Normal, and Hard levels... basically same thing just represented in more fun way I think.
    • What about changing camera position slightly so you can see more stuff ahead of car instead of having a car in the center.
    • Think about adding tyre marks to your tracks, to let player know about braking points, racing line etc.
    • Car slowing too much when on the grass/off track, it is frustrating, To penalize player I would slow down slightly but add something like a damage to a tyres to reduce grip level. you go off many times so you damage tyres more and will lose anyway.

I don't know how complex you wanna make it so you may find this stuff irrelevant for your project.

• Thanks for all the tips, I'll keep them in consideration for the next release.

• Add missiles, bullets, upgrades and call it SuperCarsMonza2050 ;p It's a good start but get some handbraking in there ;p

• I had thought.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)