Mixamo Template Need Feedback

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Fruit Slicer Template & Quality fruit and slice graphics (capx,c3p,png,illustrator files)
  • Hi,

I was working on small project in which I want to use Mixamo.com animations. There are more than 4000 animations so it is impossible to use all of them. My idea is to use the animations that are important for any character (let's call it common animations) then create C2 template for it. There should be character specific animations (for example: if the character is using Bow and Arrow there should be a specific fighting animations different than a character with sword and shield and so on).

Here is a video demo for my results so far:

My focus on the common animations, what other animations you think it is must included (I'm assuming you've seen the demo)?

I need your feedback, do you like the idea, how can I improve, what is your suggestion? Do you have any better idea I really need to hear from you.

Thanks in advance!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • awesome job man, at first i was a bit reluctant,because we can do the same thing with 3ds max/blender? but now i see its doing some interesting stuff, that its probably going to cut time from that process... however i have to ask... when you used the mixamo animations and models, did you had first to import them inside other software so you can attach the mesh to the animation bone then re-export the thing and then import it inside spritmator?

or just placed mesh + animation and everything works in spritmator? (also why spritmator? and not SpriteMator sounds more normal no?)

• Thank you very much for your support! (your kind words is a great support for me)

Let me tell you SpritMator story:

I'm a construct 2 old member(not that old but I have an older account)! When, I first time discovered construct 2 I was amazed with that design logic (how powerful and easy)!

I started doing some private games, the main issue for me was my games sprites! I want something looks professional. I like the realistic and semi-realistic 2D games (that is my style)! On the other hand, I see how wonderful 3D free assets out there!

I started rendering/exporting images from animated model manually (I tried different software)! Then, I realized that I need scripts to do that for me! I was developing the software for about one year and a half. First, my plan , to keep it for myself! Then I said why not to share(I might gain some money- that was my thinking).

To be honest with you! It is only me behind spritmator! I need friends to work with! I've no marketing experience! I came to the C2 forum! Wrote some spam-like articles so no wonder why you said "at first i was a bit reluctant".

To answer your question: the main drawback for spritmator is that it cannot read any known format (for now). The reason is that I need to use my custom scripts to prepare what I call spritmator package (includes custom 3d model, custom animation files...) That it is, Spritmator needs to see all these files ready (I need to do that once).

Next, you open spritmator! Find your model! play animation and render very easily.

Now, if you interesting to do something awesome! Let us work together! I'm a jobless now and looking for opportunity!

In regards to SpritMator (why not SpriteMator). I wanted to summaries the long description: 3D Sprite Sheet & Animator. So I chose (first 5 letters from Sprite and last 5 letters). But, English is my second language, If it is major I will rename it.

• Now, if you interesting to do something awesome! Let us work together! I'm a jobless now and looking for opportunity!

In regards to SpritMator (why not SpriteMator). I wanted to summaries the long description: 3D Sprite Sheet & Animator. So I chose (first 5 letters from Sprite and last 5 letters). But, English is my second language, If it is major I will rename it.

Thanks for the backstory really interesting, i appreciate taking the time of revealing such awesome and probably very struggling and painful road story you had, its very interesting to me personally.

As for the job/team request im pretty much in same situation, im just lucky enough to have a personal funding account, from a past project i did(not game related), that keeps me going into this business until i find my next hit wonder, anyway, im sure if you post your skill on scirra team requests forum category you'l find a lot of people who will need you paid or not.

And most of them have that enthusiasm you will need and is critical for the collaboration you will need, which i lack at this moment for various reasons.

In regards to the name, i meant SpritMator is ok as name, really.. not big issue, but when i read it, my mind wants to say SpriteMator, but its overwriting what my eyes are seeing which is SpritMator and it feels unnatural to me personally, but this you have to test yourself and see, and maybe make a poll vote on it dont know, if you dont feel its not a big issue dont mind my suggestion.

The name is critical in Marketing strategy needs to me catchy and natural to be read and said, that is what i learned over the years.

But im not a marketing worker, more of marketing strategist, i know how to put things toghether so they look good, but i dont know how to interact with people... actually im scared of people and very annoyed when im near them or interacting with them unless is a computer in my face and is a message then i dont care... classic sociopath behavior i guess....

Overall the SpritMator software is a good addition to C2, i hope people will get interested in teaming up with you, i personally cant help very much at the moment, i wold probably be what many calls a "leech", i wold just say its awesome and that is it hehe.

But SpritMator needs help... you interesting and have the skills on helping him getting more exposure ?

Hope to see it make it big, i like its current shape, its clean, i seen you put a lot of accent in quality and tried to perfect it, now its time for next step, getting a bigger team, then a 3rd step the funds infusion. Good Luck!

• Thanks very much! Your kind words are priceless and more than enough!

Thanks for the advice, I will add some features/enhancement on my work then submit on scirra team requests forum category.

Thanks again!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)