Jumpship Gemini

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
  • Jumpship Gemini

Jumship Gemini is a sort of a Shmup, but you control your ship with the mouse for precise control.

The ship also has a hyper jump ability enabling the player to move very fast and jump to anywhere in the play field to avoid obstacles and enemies.

The jump ship is also equipped with a shield and 3 weapon types which can be switched between at any time.

Deploying your shield or using weapons consumes energy. The player will have to balance play between destroying enemies and going for the power cell pickups to replenish energy.

When not firing the ships energy will recharge slowly.

The Idea is to create a frantic shmup type game, but give the player the tools to survive in any condition even when totally overrun by enemies.

You can play the demo in the arcade:

https://www.scirra.com/arcade/action-games/jumpshipgemini-17356

• very cool.. good transitions, nice short iterations (although the Get Ready is kind of tedious after a while). I like the weapons and teleport/slow downs, and level design a lot. Looks like you can probably get really advanced levels...

At first really didn't like the mouse control, but after a bit I got used to it. In general, mouse games don't feel like games to me - I don't know why. I mean, to use a mouse as a way to interact with the interface, sure. But to make my space ship be wherever the mouse is? feels like the ship is really just my mouse.. I don't know, something is weird about it. But like I said, I got used to it.

The WASD keys should rotate the ship in the direction rather than it just popping to exact right-angles...Honestly, I think the whole game should use a GamePad.. I think I would actually buy this game. But of course that would probably change almost all the level design..

• very cool.. good transitions, nice short iterations (although the Get Ready is kind of tedious after a while). I like the weapons and teleport/slow downs, and level design a lot. Looks like you can probably get really advanced levels...

At first really didn't like the mouse control, but after a bit I got used to it. In general, mouse games don't feel like games to me - I don't know why. I mean, to use a mouse as a way to interact with the interface, sure. But to make my space ship be wherever the mouse is? feels like the ship is really just my mouse.. I don't know, something is weird about it. But like I said, I got used to it.

The WASD keys should rotate the ship in the direction rather than it just popping to exact right-angles...Honestly, I think the whole game should use a GamePad.. I think I would actually buy this game. But of course that would probably change almost all the level design..

Hi Jobel

Thanks for the feedback, you are right about the mouse control. I have been working on game pad controls. At first I did not like it as I was using the 8 directions movement behavior and it felt clunky, but just recently I figured out how to implement smooth 360 degree movement with the analogue stick. Now using the gamepad seems like a better idea and I am moving the controls across to the pad

And yes, I would need to redo the levels for that, but I think it is worth it.

Hey, once the game is running with Pad control and I have a demo level I’ll let you know. If you have the time maybe you can take it for a test run

• Real nice. And you also have great Pixel Art skills on your ava.

• Real nice. And you also have great Pixel Art skills on your ava.

Thanks MP. Check back when I have implemented game pad support. Hopefully that raises the fun factor.

The guy in my avatar is called Cypix. He is a character for a platform game idea I'm toying with.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey, once the game is running with Pad control and I have a demo level I’ll let you know. If you have the time maybe you can take it for a test run

sure thing... make sure to notify me with the

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)