The journey(Multiplayer)

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
  • *scraped*

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Is possible to create a multiplayer in C2 that isn't ping-server needed?

• Is possible to create a multiplayer in C2 that isn't ping-server needed?

What do you mean by ping server?

• > Is possible to create a multiplayer in C2 that isn't ping-server needed?

>

What do you mean by ping server?

Signaling server*

Sorry for the mistake.

• >

> > Is possible to create a multiplayer in C2 that isn't ping-server needed?

> >

> What do you mean by ping server?

>

Signaling server*

Sorry for the mistake.

No this is completely independent of the signaling server, It's built using a pure node backend

• That is, if in Construct 2 is a way to do a P2P game that can't depend in a server.

• That is, if in Construct 2 is a way to do a P2P game that can't depend on a server.

Yes, I understand what the signaling server is, In my case tho a server will be needed, I won't be using any strictly peer to peer systems as of right now.

• > That is, if in Construct 2 is a way to do a P2P game that can't depend on a server.

>

Yes, I understand what the signaling server is, In my case tho a server will be needed, I won't be using any strictly peer to peer systems as of right now.

Do you think in C2 is possible a truly P2P communication system that can't depend on a server?

• >

> > That is, if in Construct 2 is a way to do a P2P game that can't depend on a server.

> >

> Yes, I understand what the signaling server is, In my case tho a server will be needed, I won't be using any strictly peer to peer systems as of right now.

>

Do you think in C2 is possible a truly P2P communication system that can't depend on a server?

As it stands today most likely not even open sourced web RTC projects rely on a server

• It can use a system like BitTorrent.

• I am interested to see what progress has been made on your boilerplate. Have you created a GitHub project by any chance?

• I have, but it will remain a private repository until I feel it's ready, I haven't been able to dedicate a lot of time to it due to work and all that so things are moving along at a slower pace than i expected

• No worries. I completely understand!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)