Island Generation

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Template for dungeon/maze generation, using wave function collapse
  • KnivetonStudios - thanks for that encouragement friend! It'll most likely not be free, but affordable. My wife wouldn't have it if I put it out there for free

• Yo this is nuts! Way to go man.

• bclikesyou thanks homie - it doesn't feel 'mountainy' enough yet though... but the idea is there I guess haha

• OMG this looks amazing. Use it to make a rogue-like RPG, I love them

• - thanks man! it'll have some rouge-ish elements I guess. which aspects of that genre do you like the most?

• The mountain looks nice put it could get repetitive as it follows a patter of high low high for the platforms in the centre

• KnivetonStudios good call! There's going to be at least 5 variations of each possibility, for both the background portions that create the silhouette of the mountain as well as the platforming sections within. hopefully that will break it up a bit. also I've been trying to figure out how to tweak my loop for creating a single mountain peak to perhaps make a double or even a triple peak, and I'm also trying to figure out how to add in elements like waterfalls (later).

• mudmask sounds cool, I'm afraid I wouldn't know how you would do that, but good luck it sounds really cool

• mudmask this is exactly what I'm looking for (mostly the island/landmass generation part). For my game, I plan on generating a new worldmap per campaign. What ever happened to this project? Did you turn it into a template on the store?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • mudmask this is exactly what I'm looking for (mostly the island/landmass generation part). For my game, I plan on generating a new worldmap per campaign. What ever happened to this project? Did you turn it into a template on the store?

Ah. I hate to say this, but I stepped away from game design for a bit.

But I'm back at it. And this is a project that I will once again rehash. You can check out some of my smaller releases on my own page, mountgamer.com.

And thanks for rehashing this old thread. This project was awesome! I'm ashamed to admit, it got a little too be big for me. I'm going to reuse the tile generation of the overworld and mix it with the larger TMX placement of the subworlds and turn it into something else.

• > mudmask this is exactly what I'm looking for (mostly the island/landmass generation part). For my game, I plan on generating a new worldmap per campaign. What ever happened to this project? Did you turn it into a template on the store?

Ah. I hate to say this, but I stepped away from game design for a bit.

But I'm back at it. And this is a project that I will once again rehash. You can check out some of my smaller releases on my own page, mountgamer.com.

And thanks for rehashing this old thread. This project was awesome! I'm ashamed to admit, it got a little too be big for me. I'm going to reuse the tile generation of the overworld and mix it with the larger TMX placement of the subworlds and turn it into something else.

same boat as you man, just gettin back into it. And I left off with workign on my own version of what you're doing here! Similar concept as my game, 3D overworld map, but digs into a 2D sidescroller. You can see the sidescroller part here - youtube.com/watch

Let me know if you're interested in working together, could always use a helping hand

• > > mudmask this is exactly what I'm looking for (mostly the island/landmass generation part). For my game, I plan on generating a new worldmap per campaign. What ever happened to this project? Did you turn it into a template on the store?

>

> Ah. I hate to say this, but I stepped away from game design for a bit.

>

> But I'm back at it. And this is a project that I will once again rehash. You can check out some of my smaller releases on my own page, mountgamer.com.

>

> And thanks for rehashing this old thread. This project was awesome! I'm ashamed to admit, it got a little too be big for me. I'm going to reuse the tile generation of the overworld and mix it with the larger TMX placement of the subworlds and turn it into something else.

same boat as you man, just gettin back into it. And I left off with workign on my own version of what you're doing here! Similar concept as my game, 3D overworld map, but digs into a 2D sidescroller. You can see the sidescroller part here - youtube.com/watch

Let me know if you're interested in working together, could always use a helping hand

Looks pretty cool! Thanks for rehashing this too. Suddenly a lot of folks have been showing up and asking me about old projects. I guess it's time to get to work.

• mudmask Any chance you've got pointers on how to setup mountains/trees like how you did on your maps? I've got everything working great, minus decorations like that. Each tile is set to a random number, and all numbers have been averaged to the tiles around it to create some sort of altitude effect. But I can't seem to figure out how to do it. Any pointers are appreciated!

• mudmask Any chance you've got pointers on how to setup mountains/trees like how you did on your maps? I've got everything working great, minus decorations like that. Each tile is set to a random number, and all numbers have been averaged to the tiles around it to create some sort of altitude effect. But I can't seem to figure out how to do it. Any pointers are appreciated!

Are you using the perlin noise terrain generation method? If not, look it up - it's essentially what I do!

• > mudmask Any chance you've got pointers on how to setup mountains/trees like how you did on your maps? I've got everything working great, minus decorations like that. Each tile is set to a random number, and all numbers have been averaged to the tiles around it to create some sort of altitude effect. But I can't seem to figure out how to do it. Any pointers are appreciated!

Are you using the perlin noise terrain generation method? If not, look it up - it's essentially what I do!

I thought that setting an array full of random values, then averaging each tile by the values around it was perlin noise? That concept I understood pretty easily, i'll have to see if I can find something for Perlin Noise, but it looks like it's been replaced by Simplex Noise?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)