I'm building my site with C2

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Isometric Stategy Roleplay Game Building and Streets Pack.
  • Should I keep going with this look or flush it like a turd and start over? Thanks!

http://www.cargocultgaming.com/

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Well, actually, that depends on what you want to achieve with your website?

Which look are you pursuing?

To me, it looks...digital? And flat & simple.

If that is what you want to achieve, you succeeded.

The simplicity of the page helps keeping a nice overview. Though the page looks complex, it doesn't "overflow" your senses.

I don't know what the BG image is, but it looks interesting and I like the fact that it moves.

Would be awesome if it was interactive.

More notes:

• it is a bit irritating (at least with a slow internet connection, such as mine) that there is no loading screen (at least I haven't seen one). There's just a black canvas for some seconds. Probably not an issue for ppl with faster internet.
    • what's the black square next to the menu?

But to conclude, yeah, I like the style. Suits the title of the page.

There could be more color though.

• randomly Thanks for the feedback! I'll make sure to add a loading screen on the next update. The black square is going to show a screenshot or preview of the link you're hovering over. I had considered making the background change with the cursor position but thought it would be way too distracting. I think I'll try it out and see how it looks though. I've been struggling a bit with the colors but I think I have an idea to bring it to life a bit...

• I don't know what the BG image is, but it looks interesting and I like the fact that it moves.

Would be awesome if it was interactive.

I tested some interactivity on the background and it was pretty distracting. It looked cool but didn't fit for a webpage background. When I get music added I might make the effect pulse with the music a bit and maybe flash some subtle color on it.

• Nice. if you are looking for a super retro look then it's great. Also are you creating a site with construct for the sake of fun? Because I have my doubts about the ideia since with services like wix or wordpress can give you tools like google analytics and other things that improve the site's rank when people use google search.

Anyway, good luck! =]

edit: Which host service do you use?

• Nice. if you are looking for a super retro look then it's great. Also are you creating a site with construct for the sake of fun? Because I have my doubts about the ideia since with services like wix or wordpress can give you tools like google analytics and other things that improve the site's rank when people use google search.

Anyway, good luck! =]

edit: Which host service do you use?

I'm using construct because I already know how to use it. I'll have to look into wix and wordpress because I have no idea what they are. I'm a complete noob when it comes to building websites. I'm using dreamhost for my hosting.

• Been a while since I've seen a website made with Construct 2 that actually works well! Nice work on this.

• Been a while since I've seen a website made with Construct 2 that actually works well! Nice work on this.

Thanks! This week I'm working on improving the look and I should have it updated before the weekend.

• Just don't forget to also test it in mobile and keep it lightweight. I loved the design.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)