Hungry Hal Beta 6.1

0 favourites
  • 14 posts
From the Asset Store
Hungry Seal – Construct 3 & Construct 2 - Easy editing
  • http://bit.ly/1lzTMVy

Change Log Beta 6.1

New sounds for all characters done by voice actors.

Bug fixes.

Change Log Hungry Hal Beta 5.2

Game Changes:

• Powerups no longer spawn randomly. Player can now purchase powerups in the store, and can decide when to use them.
    • Only one of each powerup can stored at a time.
    • New Store UI.
    • Less "Explosion" on missile blast.
    • More variety in humans at early levels.
    • Added Glowing Red border to the brain meter as it gets low. Sound will be added as well.
    • Added new music while on the scooter
    • Reduced prices of upgrades. Still need to balance this more.
    • Ability to purchase golden brains
    • All Item upgrades and purchased stored in local storage and restored each game.
    • Play button on Game Over screen now sends you right back to the game instead of to the title screen.
    • Optimized graphics resulting in almost 100mb saved in memory usage.

Bug Fixes:

• No game over screen after dying. - FIXED
    • Magnet not resetting to off if you died with the ability - FIXED
    • Bones don't seem to accumulate after each run - FIXED
    • Humans only scream and run while on the same path as you - FIXED
    • Local storage was not working - FIXED

To Do (Short List):

• In App purchase to buy more Bones (in game currency).
    • Add sound fx for low brain meter
    • Makes obstacles more "Threatening" Skulls on boxes, etc.
    • Balance cost of power ups
    • Add more SoundFX
    • Make items descriptions more witty.
    • Instant death on touching fire
    • Redo Instructions to match new UI
    • Redo "Use Golden Brain" window to match new UI
  • Hello Sir, your game is quite fun!

my notes:

.... I wasn't sure at first if the boxes were power-ups or obstacles. The music and graphics are superb, as the music goes on though I would prefer the bkg music to eventually change. As well as it might be helpful for more of a sense of progress or goal -- what's my destination? ... just my 2c -- it's quite charming work!

• Hey good effort, nice style When I finally died it did not give me any options though.

• codah When you die you should get a little Tombstone asking if you want to use your golden brain, did you not see that? How did you die?

kbtbc Thanks for the kinds words. I am trying to keep the game below the 50mb limit for google play. Right now I am at 34mb not including any added Google play services, and monetization. Once I finalize that, if I have room for more music, I will do that .

I really appreciate the feedback.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • codah When you die you should get a little Tombstone asking if you want to use your golden brain, did you not see that? How did you die?

kbtbc Thanks for the kinds words. I am trying to keep the game below the 50mb limit for google play. Right now I am at 34mb not including any added Google play services, and monetization. Once I finalize that, if I have room for more music, I will do that .

I really appreciate the feedback.

hmm think I ran into one tyre too many.

• LOVE the addition of the explosion smoke on the screen after the missile hits the ground! AWESOME touch!

And the people smacking the screen after hitting them with the police scooter ALSO was not expected!

Great updates since the last time I played.

• Great graphics and fun to play! Played it on Windows tablet and touch worked great.

The first time I died (of hunger) I got offered the golden brain. I used that. But when I die again there's no option to play again.

When it's a great success and you're making updates it would be nice to see more variety of victims (and victim death sound effects)

A gameplay idea came to mind that might be fun - patches of ice on the road which allow Hal to whiz along and catch up with victims. (just an idea )

Look forward to playing the finished version. - a great example of what's possible with Construct. Inspirational.

Curious as to the size of your team and development time?

• Team size - 1 (me).

However, I did outsource the graphics work. I am pretty bad with art.

August will be a year in development. I worked on several other projects during that time too.

Your suggestion on the variety is great and I already implemented that

More sounds are being added too.

I have a big update coming very soon.

thanks for the kind words and feedback

• Look forward to playing the update!

• Updated to beta 5.2. See original post for new link and change log.

• What would be cool for IAP options, hats. Yes, hats or helmets for Hal, purchased via IAP or in-game coins players can collect as they play. They could have bonuses like slowing down his brain drain, or allow him to bust throw boxes (once per round) or run through the flames (once per round).

I don't like the fact you can buy Golden Brains and keep on running it removes the core challenge in an endless runner game, and the pay-2-win aspect will turn off a lot of users.

I think it's a fun casual game on mobiles.

As for a design critique/feedback:

Think how players would hold their phone, on the left hand, the right hand free to swipe or touch. But swiping means they have to place their finger on the screen and do a motion, when you do that, the finger&hand covers up the right part of the screen so you block out incoming visual cues. The running speed up really quick after awhile and that blocking of whats coming is a detriment to gameplay. Think a fast racing car game, if your hand block what you could see in front of you, you will crash often.

If its a simple 2 small button on the right bottom edge (or anywhere on the right which doesn't block gameplay), ppl can touch the top button to go up and touch the bottom button to go down. By touching icons on the right edge, their hand is away from the screen & the finger doesn't block gameplay. It's also much more responsive than swipe up or swipe down.

• You know, you are like the 5th person to mention hats . Must be something to that.

I totally hear what you are saying with the swipe, I got used to just playing with my left thumb. Adding some button controls wouldn't be too hard.

Thanks for the great feedback.

• New Beta, see first post. Thanks!

• Sorry about that. The game has been released.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)