Great start. Tested it on my Galaxy S3 in Chrome and it was super smooth. Nice atmosphere, good platformer dynamics so far.
A few suggestions and thoughts:
- While crawling, I can't go down a ladder unless I stand up first. This is difficult to work with if I'm trying to avoid getting shot by the skull traps.
- The spike trap seems a little unfair in that it acts as both a passive (kills when you walk into it) and an active (pokes up to kill you) trap. Perhaps introduce it to the player as one or the other at first, then expand from there.
- It's refreshing to have an action platfromer with a single life, but make sure that the game seems fair as you design more levels.
- I feel that the action buttons on the right should either be bigger or be moved further to the right. I found my right thumb wondering off them too often. On that note, the jump button icon doesn't represent jumping visually.
- I feel that some of the animations need work. Especially I'd suggest the the gun be held a little closer to the body whole moving (look at Blackthorn for an idea of what I mean), and try to create more bounce and lifelike movement with the crawling animation: the upper body is too rigid.
But seriously, a very solid start. I look forward to seeing more from this game!
Thank you GeometriX
1. I Try to fix crawl move on stand in ladder, but if more to a ladder and hold left or right and down button automatic go down ?
2. The spike trap. i fix to kill if the trap is up not down
3. I Design more levels
4. I fix jump button icon, and position to left
5. The Blackthorn shoot in stop two ways of animation with gun and not with gun. My game like more Turrican and Metroid. Hold the weapon in same position for shoot fast. Turrican more simple ( shoot fast ) from Blackthorn, but Blackthorn has very good smooth animations. Style Lara . ? need to change all animation and the way they shoot.