Feedback needed regarding Tokyo Flower (Arcade)

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
10 Royalty free music tracks for your indie games and projects.
  • Heya all!

I just put some finishing touches on a game I developed a while ago and uploaded it to the Arcade here:

https://www.scirra.com/arcade/puzzle-games/tokyo-flower-27649 (2.0.0.0)

Instructions:

Click on a flower or enemy to attempt a match (the pointing hands will indicate the current match). Click again on the center of your current selection to cast a spell. Your match must contain 2 flowers to have any effect. If an enemy is part of a selection it will take damage when the spell is cast. The bigger the match, the higher the score and damage dealt becomes. You can cast 2 spells before the enemies take their turn. If an enemy attacks a health bar at the bottom of a column 3 times it will be game over!

Version 2.0.0.0 is available to test now here:

https://www.scirra.com/arcade/puzzle-ga ... ower-27649

Changelog:

• Updated tutorial so you can now try moves over and over again without having to restart (I haven't made a 'back' button yet though).
    • Changed the special flowers into potions to make them visually distinct.
    • Bamboo Snake heads no longer die in one hit but now have 5 health.
    • Instead of the first wave of Flower Bulb enemies proceeding into infinite Bamboo Snakes I added a series of enemy waves to face. You will only face a maximum 5 of the Bamboo Snakes at a time before different enemies spawn instead.
    • Added a new enemy: Samurai Stag Beetle. He has 3 health and moves two column spaces at a time. When any damage is taken he only moves 1 space like the other enemies.
    • Updated visuals to make things easier to see. The main stage background is now dark and the 'Your Go' and 'Enemy Go' messages are more prominent.
  • That was some quality Pixel-art and really, i had NEVER seen a tutorial done that way for a game (not saying that it does not exist anywhere else)... pretty good!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Version 2.0.0.0 is available to test now here:

https://www.scirra.com/arcade/puzzle-ga ... ower-27649

Changelog:

• Updated tutorial so you can now try moves over and over again without having to restart (I haven't made a 'back' button yet though).
    • Changed the special flowers into potions to make them visually distinct.
    • Bamboo Snake heads no longer die in one hit but now have 5 health.
    • Instead of the first wave of Flower Bulb enemies proceeding into infinite Bamboo Snakes I added a series of enemy waves to face. You will only face a maximum 5 of the Bamboo Snakes at a time before different enemies spawn instead.
    • Added a new enemy: Samurai Stag Beetle. He has 3 health and moves two column spaces at a time. When any damage is taken he only moves 1 space like the other enemies.
    • Updated visuals to make things easier to see. The main stage background is now dark and the 'Your Go' and 'Enemy Go' messages are more prominent.

New enemy:

An example of how the updated tutorial works:

• Is there anyway to regain my game on the arcade? Apparently it no longer exists and I unfortunately do not have a copy of the project on my PC.

• You might want to post your new question some where else. I hope they can track it down for you. Looks good!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)