Dungeon Stories

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
Template for dungeon/maze generation, using wave function collapse
  • This Game is Close

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Seems pretty good so far

~Sol

• Solid I love pixel art myself and I'am happy its coming to android. I'am sure you will grab the nostalgic fans that love 8 bit art.

• SoldjahBoy | PixelPower thank you for your comments , i have a lot of job yet, to create characters and levels and stories.

I want to keep the gameplay very easy like 2600 games

Movement & Simple Jump & Shooting

• It's 'Many' not 'Meny'

• It's 'Many' not 'Meny'

• a fantastic example of creating an atmosphere with a simple 8bit aesthetic I enjoyed playing the little demo you made.

• a fantastic example of creating an atmosphere with a simple 8bit aesthetic I enjoyed playing the little demo you made.

PrinceofMars Thank you for your comments

• This was a decently enjoyable demo for me. Is that all that's to the demo? It says three stars available to find, but I was only able to find one.

Some notes.

You should make the jump a bit more fluid or allow some kind of movement in midair. Examples I've cited a lot towards great player control and mobility design are Yoshi's Island and Mega Man X. I should make the note that it's a terrible idea to rob the player of control mid-jump, but specifically going to those points...Yoshi's Island doesn't do that (allowing movement midjump) and differently, Mega Man X allows the player to cancel out of animations at any frame, providing further increased controllability.

I died on the spikes part as for the jump complaint, but that just may be on my own mistake. I just think the jump is kind of stiff, and might not be helpful with later (unfair?) platforming sections.

It was kind of easy to cheese some of the enemies. Is that intentional? Perhaps you can't really fix inherent methods players use to cheese a game (such as if it's just jumping up out of reach to prevent being hit), but it's still worth it to try to endeavor to balance out gameplay.

Have you given enemies a line of sight, or thought about it? You probably have, but I notice they attempt to fire at the player even with a solid block in between them and the player.

Edit:

A suggestion if you haven't thought about it. Have you thought about adding layered level structures/some sort of vertical depth to levels? I mean like, instead of some levels going on in a left/right direction, have some sections stacked on top of each other, so you can reach the upper portions by jumping into the ceiling gaps seen in the demo.

• This was a decently enjoyable demo for me. Is that all that's to the demo? It says three stars available to find, but I was only able to find one.

Some notes.

You should make the jump a bit more fluid or allow some kind of movement in midair. Examples I've cited a lot towards great player control and mobility design are Yoshi's Island and Mega Man X. I should make the note that it's a terrible idea to rob the player of control mid-jump, but specifically going to those points...Yoshi's Island doesn't do that (allowing movement midjump) and differently, Mega Man X allows the player to cancel out of animations at any frame, providing further increased controllability.

I died on the spikes part as for the jump complaint, but that just may be on my own mistake. I just think the jump is kind of stiff, and might not be helpful with later (unfair?) platforming sections.

It was kind of easy to cheese some of the enemies. Is that intentional? Perhaps you can't really fix inherent methods players use to cheese a game (such as if it's just jumping up out of reach to prevent being hit), but it's still worth it to try to endeavor to balance out gameplay.

Have you given enemies a line of sight, or thought about it? You probably have, but I notice they attempt to fire at the player even with a solid block in between them and the player.

Edit:

A suggestion if you haven't thought about it. Have you thought about adding layered level structures/some sort of vertical depth to levels? I mean like, instead of some levels going on in a left/right direction, have some sections stacked on top of each other, so you can reach the upper portions by jumping into the ceiling gaps seen in the demo.

LaDestitute thank you for your comments

This is starting demo yes, now study how it will be the levels ?. I do not want to movement of character more difficult, simple controls, one jump and hit.

1. To grow the jump of the character you mean ? or Double jump ?

2. The AI of Enemy's still editing. I want to be a simple, and still more job to line of sight of enemys. will not all the enemy's weapons.

Elevators Design

or

Ladders

Level Design Sample With Ladders

• Ladders are a really simple and easy fix to verticality, but I feel if you can get them to behave properly, elevators would be really cool in this game.

A double jump would be fine, I think it was just that the jump didn't have much verticality to it.

• Ladders are a really simple and easy fix to verticality, but I feel if you can get them to behave properly, elevators would be really cool in this game.

A double jump would be fine, I think it was just that the jump didn't have much verticality to it.

Finally i use ladders, much better

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)