-- Summary --
This game right now is primarily a widget to use a combo of 8D move and Turret stacked on the player object. This allows the player to move the character (the hero), while the game automatically takes care of the aiming and attacking, which simplifies the controls.
Also, this game is about sword combat, on account of that's what I felt like doing. The hero can backstep (as in, uh press a key in a direction away from the attacker) or strafe to avoid hits.
DEMO - AS OF 5/17/16
- Randomized (roguelike) maps and character placement.
- 3 foe types, which scale in type and count based on the level.
- Foes randomly wander, and chase hero on sight or contact. A chasing foe that loses sight of hero will give up after a few seconds.
- Backstabbing is possible! Deals extra damage.
- 4 powerup types, each depletes on a timer. If the hero collects more of the same type, it resets that timer. Power drop rates scale against you if you already have powers.
- Status indicators in the play field and in the top bar.
- All foes must be defeated in each level to proceed. If there is still a foe in the level but not on-screen, a "hint arrow" will point to the nearest foe.
- Need to add sound and make art look better (though I think all the visual indicators I want are in there).
- Hero sword behavior sometimes looks a bit weird. I've tried a few things, it's still not as solid as it could be, but not super-annoying.
- May add multiple hero look choices to start menu.
- Add in-game touch screen controls.
- The math that reduces the foes overlapping each other is based on an example on the forum, but I haven't been able to re-figure out which one it is to give proper attribution ;____;