Death from Above a steampunk shmupNOW WITH DEMO

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Demo Game Multiplayer Online with member registration system
  • you are right that does look better

Sweet!

• stage 1 area 2

new ship designs

• I have been watching a lot of studio Ghibli recently and in the intro to Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind there is a painting showing the fall of humanity, I liked it so much I figured I would rip it off and use it in the intro for my game.

• I have been watching a lot of studio Ghibli recently and in the intro to Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind there is a painting showing the fall of humanity, I liked it so much I figured I would rip it off and use it in the intro for my game.

nice!

• hi everyone I am back from the dead I took a long break from the project after getting burned out anyway, I am back hopeful I will have a demo done in about a month

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • A robot squid and a sub? Love it.

• Man, I hope you don't hate me, but I just played the demo. If you want some impressions via pm, lemme know.

I do love your concepts though.

• Sending the player back after dying in a space shooter? Bad.

Spacing between enemies and player being too tight/enemy sizes seem too large? Bad.

That's pretty much it from me for this demo. Everything else? Good.

• ok everyone said it was 2 hard so I implement a lives system now you can die 3 times before you restart the level also I included a little reminder that pressing Ctrl when you are on the PC activates your shield and it goes away once you use the shield

• Just had a quick go at work.

Couple of things

I can use shield after I had died so shield is appearing without player sprite.

The player is jumping on the edges when trying to keep in bounds

(this is probably because your player control events are happening after your keep in bounds events. If you change the order around this should stop.)

There is not enough feedback when I am hit.

The primary fire sprites could do with a little beefing up graphics wise, just a little, they are hard to see against some of the backgrounds.

The player hit box appears to be front weighted, (very accurate to the front of the ship but missing for much of the back of the sprite )

normally for these types of games you want a hit box that is smaller (maybe half the size) of the player sprite and bang in the middle.

I would dearly love to see the bosses animated….

But , regardless, what you have achieved there is fantastic,

I very much look forward to having a proper go when I get home...

• Dude, Ive had a few more plays. and I think there is an issue with your player control. I've tried in both edge and chrome and your player ship is jumping / stepping in big jumps instead of moving smoothly while under control. Assuming this is not deliberate. It is like it is reading touch only every 0.3 seconds or fighting the input. Is it possible you have two sets of control active on the player ship at the same time??? Like a move to position is active at the same time as well as a drag and drop or something? Please dont take this the wrong way, its just that I love shmups and I think your game has the potential to be something special.

• Superb! Especially the concept art, and the resulting sprites are awesome.

• For wich platforms do you consider publishing it?

• PrinceofMars

I'll be honest I only played it briefly.

In the time I played it I only have one complaint/suggestion.

The reason I actually closed it was because at some point I had acquired a power up to my gun that turn my shots into a constant firing laser beam that seemed to be switching fast between red,green, and blue I think.

Anyways that beams constant super fast color switching was really messing with me and I just couldn't keep looking at the game/screen because of it.

My concern is that I think some people with Photosensitive epilepsy might get seizures from watching it though I can't say for sure. I myself am not susceptible to that condition but I still think it might be a good idea to modify that beam/lasers colors and animations.

Just my 2 cents.

Other than that I found it pretty fun.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)