Kickstarter project + video here
Press information here
I'd just like to tell you about Buck & Miles, which is a 2D retro-stylized platformer and a love letter to the more popular franchises from the 16-bit era. It's a (hopefully) fun, deep and novel platformer that spans over 100 levels and offers a lot of collectables, bonuses, unlockables and secrets.
The aim of Buck & Miles is to offer people who grew up playing these types of games a chance to discover a new title that brings out the essence of what made classics so much fun to play, beyond just copying their art direction with pixelated graphics.
Here are a few bulletpoints:
- Music by Alexander Brandon, virt, brentalfloss and cboyardee.
- 100 levels, 10 worlds, 8 powerups, 2 protagonists.
- A boardgame-like overworld map with tons of games and chance events.
- Single- or simultaneous multiplayer.
- Set for release on most mainstream platforms, including smartphones and tablets, with priority given to Windows, OSX, Android and iOS (if approved). I've also applied for a WiiU license.
- Mix-and-match powerups to find your favorite combination.
- Transform into animals by eating magic falafel.
We still have a long way to go, so donations, tips, suggestions or just help spreading the word would be greatly appreciated.
Greenlight: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... d=92932760