Beans! Alpha! Play it! Feedback Request!

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Is a system for building scorecards and achievements online for use in games Using this system, you can create a scorebo
  • Hi!

We've finally completed the Alpha for Beans!

It's just the tutorial level, but I'd so appreciate if you'd check it out and give me some feedback.

You can download it here:

http://www.indiedb.com/games/beans-the- ... ator-alpha

Built in NWJS for various OS's. The webfonts work much better in this build.

Additionally, if you're just itching to play it now now now, you can go here:

http://gamejolt.com/games/beans-the-cof ... tor/138225

• Is 'Two mats' the loading screen? It seemed to get stuck there.

• I got it to load on Game Jolt. Only played 2-3 minutes and stopped.

I really like the music and the vibe it gives.

But I have already stopped as the font was way to small on my computer to read easily. I even tried to go full screen but didnt help.

I like the idea and I love these kind of games. Hope to play more of it. Will update post later with more observations.

Edit:

Very minor: Maybe change color of shirt of drummer in the loading icon? it being yellow makes it blend a lot with the set.

Saw a few times that if it was the same type person they would sit in same chair on top of each other.( actually they dont even have to be same type)

I have researched cappuccino but that goal wasn't fulfilled. Just researched another item which was another cappuccino, this one did indeed meet the goal. But now i have 2 cappuccinos.

Was able to place fridge on top of bar(bottom right)

My worker lvled up? I was told to click on him to rank him up but I can not interact with him at all.

Not sure if this is my fault but on 3/6 my worker and me left the shop. I hired another guy(uncle) but game started to lag a lot. Yeah game lagged out, Uncle would no longer do tasks. Main character never came back. every few seconds game would come to a stop. This after around 20-30 minutes of playing i think.

• Is 'Two mats' the loading screen? It seemed to get stuck there.

I had the same issue then i hit f5 and when it reloaded it worked.

• That seems to be a caching issue with gameJolt that doesn't happen in the downloaded build >:(

If you hit refresh it goes past.

Font too small! This is good feedback. Very actionable

Thanks for the feedback guys, keep at it!

• Played it though for about 30 minutes. Here are a few things i noticed.

Very minor: Maybe change color of shirt of drummer in the loading icon? it being yellow makes it blend a lot with the set.

Saw a few times that if it was the same type person they would sit in same chair on top of each other.( actually they dont even have to be same type)

I have researched cappuccino but that goal wasn't fulfilled. Just researched another item which was another cappuccino, this one did indeed meet the goal. But now i have 2 cappuccinos.

Was able to place fridge on top of bar(bottom right)

My worker lvled up? I was told to click on him to rank him up but I can not interact with him at all.

Not sure if this is my fault (went in debt for like a minute) but on 3/6 my worker and me left the shop. I hired another guy(uncle) but game started to lag a lot. Yeah game lagged out, Uncle would no longer do tasks. Main character never came back. every few seconds game would come to a stop. This after around 20-30 minutes of playing i think.

Edit: I let the game run in background until day 3/10. The Main character still hasnt come back. The uncle does nothing, but I hired the old lady. She is working but obviously cant fill the orders fast enough by herself.

Aaron

• Enjoyed the overall feel. Would of kept playing if it hadn't of started to lag out towards the end.

I was able to make around $1200 total. Went into debt a few times(would assume this is because of salary?) Not sure though because i would all the sudden go from $30-140 to less than $0. Maybe some kind of message to tell what day of the month is payday? Best case (for me)would be a small chart/list of expenses that occur each month. Show salaries, and maybe total of items/recipes and supplies bought. Doesn't have to be in game but some info on when money leaves is very important i think.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You shouldn't be going in debt, and those things definitely shouldn't be happening, ha!

I will add these to the github issues logs. This is why we do alphas

I appreciate the feedback, and I'm glad you liked the feel!

• Is there a way to make the game fit the screen when playing on gamejolt?

• Gamejolt is a bit of a pill like that.

Try http://ricethin.com/beans/playitnow

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)