Batman Theme Pinball W/Demo Game

0 favourites
  • 14 posts
From the Asset Store
Demo Game Multiplayer Online with member registration system
  • This is a Batman Themed Pinball game.

https://www.scirra.com/arcade/action-ga ... date-13862

I am creating a Pinball template so I can make Pinball themed games and not have to design everything from scratch.

I am using the bullet behavior for the ball and fixed solids for bumpers and flippers. I tried the physics tutorial but bumpers and ball moved too fast and was jittery and had poor ball control. The bullet feature is smoother and feels more like real pinball action IMO.

I have most of the game working smoothly but I need to get it so I can slow and grab the ball with the flipper like you can in real pinball. Also ball occasionally goes through a flipper?

Once I get those issues fixed I will get some better graphics designed and start making more themes.

So go check it out and see if you can beat my high score!

• I found a couple bugs while playing. First, the flipper bug. You already know about that one. Second, one of the times I played the ball got stuck in the launch ramp. The ball got to the top and the blocker thing knocked it back down and trapped it in there. I had to restart. Third, and this may or may not be a bug, when you have multiple balls in play, the balls don't bounce off each other. Instead they just go through each other. I tried posting this in the actual game comments but I had already posted a comment there and apparently you aren't allowed to post more then one.

• I found a couple bugs while playing. First, the flipper bug. You already know about that one. Second, one of the times I played the ball got stuck in the launch ramp. The ball got to the top and the blocker thing knocked it back down and trapped it in there. I had to restart. Third, and this may or may not be a bug, when you have multiple balls in play, the balls don't bounce off each other. Instead they just go through each other. I tried posting this in the actual game comments but I had already posted a comment there and apparently you aren't allowed to post more then one.

Thanks Burvey!

This was a first attempt at a pinball game using the Bullet Behavior instead of physics and it does work but does not have the feel of real pinball physics.

I am now using physics and the behavior is much more realistic. I have played tons of real pinball and this Demo is as close to realistic action as I have ever seen including many pro versions like Visual Pinball creator.

https://www.scirra.com/arcade/tutorial- ... demo-13984

I learned alot doing the Bullet example that I will use in other games but for realistic pinball it just doesn't have the right feel.

• Agreed, the demo is better. I will say that with my broken right arrow key, I was able to stay in the game much longer with the batman version then the demo version though.

• Neat idea for a pinball table. Dig the audio, could use a bit more variation with those but overall I did like the audio.

Checked it out. I feel the physics are too bouncy? Like the ball bounces too much. Also without even hitting the ball with my flipper would cause the ball to go crazy when it just into the flipper on it';s own.

Also I seemed to have never ending balls

Design Idea: Incorporate the Left and Right shift keys as well if you can. I play Visual Pinball on my PC and typically all of those style of pinball games use the left and right shift keys. That just seems more natural to me.

• Neat idea for a pinball table.

Thanks! This was a first attempt at a Pinball game using the Bullet behavior and that is not true physics so it feels wrong to any one that plays real pinball. I will use it for other games.

C2 doesn't recognize left and right shift keys as different keys but I have included the Z and / keys for people that like to use two hands in my new Pinball Demo below.

Here is a Demo of a realistic Pinball game I am working on with physics:

https://www.scirra.com/arcade/tutorial- ... demo-13984

• The demo isn't working anymore

• The demo isn't working anymore

If you played an old Demo you need to clear your browser cache or quit that game page and then try the link again.

C2 Arcade stores the game in your cache and when a new version is uploaded it tries to play the old version or goes to a black screen. C2 needs to address that problem.

• Yeah, I did. That's not what I meant. When I pulled back the plunger and released the red dot moved, but the ball wouldn't shoot. I switched to chrome from firefox and it worked so it may be a firefox issue (lots of stuff like that is). I can't play the game as is though because like I said my right arrow is broken and as soon as I launch the ball I lose immediately every time.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yeah, I did. That's not what I meant. When I pulled back the plunger and released the red dot moved, but the ball wouldn't shoot. I switched to chrome from firefox and it worked so it may be a firefox issue (lots of stuff like that is). I can't play the game as is though because like I said my right arrow is broken and as soon as I launch the ball I lose immediately every time.

Hmmmmm......

Did you click S to restart the game?

I will get the new version with the Z and / keys up soon and that should solve your problem with keys.

I am using Chrome and I have to clear my browser after each new version uploaded or I get the old version.

That is a C2 issue but it should work on any browser. It takes C2 awhile to change the versions especially if there is lots of traffic.

• Yes, the game was restarted and the ball was in the shoot. Also, after switching to chrome where I was able to play, 3 times in a row the ball got stuck at the top of the shoot on the plug. I had to bump with the space key in order to get the ball unstuck. Also, in firefox (at least for me) the text and LED screen isn't lined up properly. It's fine in chrome at the same resolution/size settings.

• Yes, the game was restarted and the ball was in the shoot. Also, after switching to chrome where I was able to play, 3 times in a row the ball got stuck at the top of the shoot on the plug. I had to bump with the space key in order to get the ball unstuck. Also, in firefox (at least for me) the text and LED screen isn't lined up properly. It's fine in chrome at the same resolution/size settings.

OK thanks- yes I can see a few bugs in the new version I need to fix. I will also try it in Firefox to see what is up with the LED screen.

You can hit S any time to restart so you don't have to reload. That way you can test the features and report bugs which really helps me out.

• OK I see the problem on Firefox and it is the fonts I used.

I fixed the problem with the ball hanging up at the top of the chute.

I will get a new version uploaded later this evening with new keys and the fixes.

• Just did a major update on my new Pinball Sandbox game:

https://www.scirra.com/arcade/tutorial-games/pinball-physics-demo-13984

Check out the new Pinball cabinet and fancy graphic work.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)