Avoidance

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
  • I made a simple little game to teach myself about turrets. It was easier when I practiced it on the bigger screen. For some reason, there's a lot of empty, black space around the version I got uploaded here - which makes it harder.

Here's the game link:

https://www.scirra.com/arcade/shooting-games/avoidance-23253

Is the game too hard?

Also, why doesn't it fill the screen like I thought it would? I used 1280 x 720 landscape.

• you need use one of the scale options to get to fill the screen.

it is a nice idea for a game, however the control makes it difficult.

you need to enhance the default control to allow swifter change of direction.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • NetOne

Thanks for the feedback. Apparently, I tried all the wrong scaling options. My newer game used "scale outer" which made it full screen; so I think I need to do that.

That's great feedback about the swifter changes of direction. I guess I can increase the player acceleration rate. I might also need to increase the deceleration rate to accommodate for the increased acceleration. Any other tips on how to accomplish that?

• Yes! I changed the player acceleration and deceleration speed both to 1,000 pixels per second (which basically doubled them both). I think it's much better now.

I also tried to change the scale, but every scaling option I use, ended up in the game not even appearing, so I'm stuck with letterbox integer scale. (I fear toying with that even further because I've already done a total of 10 different uplaods with this, supposedly, simple game.) Also, I think this issue pertains more to the options I chose upon first implementing creation (so, it'd be a big overhaul).

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)