Alex the Alligator demo

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
Demo Game Multiplayer Online with member registration system
  • Hello,

This is the "Alex the Alligator 4" demo.

Alex 4 is an old pc game from "free lunch design" maked with Allegro library.

I made this demo to see if it was possible to do this with C2, and the result is quite succeeded.

Control :

• arrows to move Alex
    • "espace" to jump , and hold the jump to super jump when you hit an enemi

For the moment, there are only 5 lvls.

Waiting for your feedbacks.

thks

Alex The Alligator Demo

• anata

Nice work, brings back good memories

Can you give me some pointers/tutorials about the jumping (hold the button to jump higher and jump after you squash an enemy)

• That's really good so far! Entertained me and child friendly. Not much needs to be improved but maybe a tutorial level to begin with to learn the mechanics of the game. If possible different landscapes as you get further into the game and maybe an map which shows where you are. All in all, keep up the great work man!

• Great job!, I used to play this a lot back in the day. It plays almost exactly as the original, so perhaps you could add your own maps or even new enemies

• That's really good so far! Entertained me and child friendly. Not much needs to be improved but maybe a tutorial level to begin with to learn the mechanics of the game. If possible different landscapes as you get further into the game and maybe an map which shows where you are. All in all, keep up the great work man!

I thought it was pretty clear. What "mechanic" did you need explained?

• New version , 1.06 , with some bugs fixed.

thks all.

Controls are pretty basic, and I don't think adding a tutorial for the game mechanics ^__^

tgeorgemihai

For the jump, I use a small sprite foot.

When i am "In falling" and spritefoot collide an enemy , i put a "Vector Y" to -200 for a mini jump

And for the higher jump , same think , but included a "Keyboard -> Espace is down" and "Vector Y" to -800.

All "Vector Y" are relative to gravity.

TheConzaDenman and Derqs

For now, I try to be pretty faithful to the original

--------------------------------

The next step will be the first level with the boss, and then continue with other levels

• > That's really good so far! Entertained me and child friendly. Not much needs to be improved but maybe a tutorial level to begin with to learn the mechanics of the game. If possible different landscapes as you get further into the game and maybe an map which shows where you are. All in all, keep up the great work man!

>

I thought it was pretty clear. What "mechanic" did you need explained?

When there was the glass blocks, I had no clue how to break them to get to the stars. Guess that was just me then haha.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Nice work.

• New version , 1.07

-- some bugs fixed.

-- First Boss

-- New level after the boss

• Your characters are all floating in the air.

• blackhornet thanks.

A problem with upload files with dropbox ^^

• Ok, not a dropbox problem, but a bug with the last C2

I installed the 168 release, and no problems.

But with the r169, the sprites are small, but not with the r168

I do not know why

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)