The much abused and overused.....ASTEROIDS!

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Asteroids Game Pack contains environment elements, vehicles and a background to create an arcade asteroid space game
  • So...yea I followed the Beginners thing to make a ghost shooter...and well....I got bored and tried my hand at an asteroids clone with the free space sprites (soon to be replaced with mine just as soon as I figure out how to swap em out), I found out there was a tut....but I didn't bother reading it because I wanna see If I can actually do something like this...I think it's going quite well...Give it a DL and lemme know what you think?

I'm going to add a title screen at somepoint as well.

• Looks good but lagged then froze on Chrome.

• avoid the every tick ... try to set text only when it is necessaire

enable / desable collisions only when it is necessaire

reduce collisions polygone

in your place , and specially if you use canvas 2d .... don't use layer at all .... use only one

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • avoid the every tick ... try to set text only when it is necessaire

enable / desable collisions only when it is necessaire

reduce collisions polygone

in your place , and specially if you use canvas 2d .... don't use layer at all .... use only one

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to tell me here...what's canvas 2d?

and don't use any layers? I thought if I put it all on 1 layers it would mess everything up

• Canvas2D is kind of the engine behind it. Use WebGL instead it´s way faster! Should be in the properties bar I guess.

You definitely can use many layers man, don´t be to worried about that. All my games use many layers and run 100% performant.

Every tick can be replaced with every 0.1-0.5 seconds for exaple with reduces the calculation behind it.

GOOD LUCK!

• I suggest you change the shoot control to left click. Might be more convenient

• IF YOU USE canvas2d engine ... its more efficient on cpu render ... try it by your self

if you use webgl ... welcome layer its better for optimisation

• Awesome thanks for the tips! HZGaming It's not convenient for me because I was keyboard controls, did you not play those old DOS games where it was only keyboard? ahh good times. Well University starts monday so it's going to be a hectic for me x.x

I'll try and use the WebGL instead and see how it works out. eventually I want the asteroids to be kind of like the one Atari did for the gameboy color...I loved that version!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)