[REQUEST] Transition to Layout

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • Hi,

It would be nice to have a smooth visual transition between layouts, such as Fade In/Fade Out or Slide In/Slide Out.

I think this would be used instead of the "System/Goto Layout" action.

Don't know if this is even possible though!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Unless you're talking about having two layouts be visible simultaneoulsy (like say with fade in/out the layouts would fade between each other instead of "layout1 fades out to black" then "layout2 fades in from black") I don't see the benefit.

• Aah, okay searching for fade rather than transisition turned up some posts, where I can add an extra layer to each layout.

Then fade layer out, swap layout, fade layer in.

Although I think a "system/transition to layout" action would be nicer :)

Can devs make System actions, or only Scirra?

• If they can add the fade in fade out behaviour, they can add the layout transitions like in mmf2 I guess.

Ashley

Why not add a change fade in/out time and wait time option in the action event for easier use? So that I don't need to make 2 big black objects screen sized with one fade in and the other fade out then will have to make one of them invincible and execute fade in/out. What do you think? :)

P.S. and don't even think of using shaders for scene transitions, because mobile doesn't support it yet, right?

• i know it's late but try this plugin

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)