[behavior] rex_buff

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
  • Document, plugin and sample capx are include.

A variable which supports buffs. Get sum from base value and buffs.

For example, property "ATK" = base value + weapon buff value + item buff value ....

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi rexrainbow, I get a crash when I use this behavior in combination with the official Keyboard plugin.

A .capx is attached.

Here is an image of the crash and the console output in case you dont get the bug.

construct2 r197 (64bit)

win8.1 (64bit)

• Thanks! I had fixed it. Please try again.

• rexrainbow

Wow, that was quick.

Everything works now, thank you !

• Holy crap I was actually just thinking of implementing something like this when I stumbled here. Thanks Rex!

• Hi

Either I don't understand how the priority of buffs work or they are broken.

NR1 Expected result when priority is bigger or equal 0 :

• 1st time Button A is released ===> (sum = previous result of sum+buff) ===> 11(sum) = 10(previous sum) +1(buff "HP UP")
    • 2nd time Button A is released ===> (sum = previous result of sum+buff) ===> 12(sum) = 11(previous sum) +1(buff "HP UP")

11,12,13,14,15,16... and so on

NR2 Expected result when priority is less then 0 :

• 1st time Button A is released ===> (sum = base+buff) ===> 11(sum) = 10(base) +1(buff "HP UP")
    • 2nd time Button A is released ===> (sum = base+buff) ===> 11(sum) = 11(base) +1(buff "HP UP")

11,11,11,11,... and so on

But in both cases I get the result of NR2

Is the Behavior broken or do I expect the wrong results ?

Thanks in advance

• This behavior will count the sum starting from "Base" which set in properties table. So that the sum of each time will be the same.

• Hey, rexrainbow

I'm getting an error when I try to change layouts after adding a buff to a buff behavior. I've got no idea what's going on.

I managed to recreate the error in a blank project. I clicked one sprite to add a new buff, then I clicked the other to move to another layout; but I get an error instead of moving on.

The error

Javascript error!
    Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'plugin' of
    undefined
    http://localhost:50000/Rex_buff_behaviour.js, line 40 (col18)[/code:qlw84dhp]
  • KieronGryph

Could you provide a simple test capx for this case?

• rexrainbow

I can't figure out how to post attachments around here, and it won't let me post links to it.

• rexrainbow

I used your buff - basic example capx, and made a new sprite that when clicked moves to a second layout. I get the same error as before.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)