Adding effects to Sprite

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Minimal Sprite Font with Stroke for Pixel Art games.
  • Hello, everyone.

Is there any way to add effect to sprite object from my behavior?

I'm trying to create interactive objects, which are highlighted when the player ovelaps it. So I'm writing a behavior to Sprite, it already can wait for overlapping with player sprite and show some text over object when it happens. But now I want to replace text (it's too obstructive on the screen) with effect, laying on object sprite.

Is there any way to add effect (brightness, for example) from my code? Or maybe there is any other way to solve my problem?

PS Sorry for my English, it's not my native language.

• Hi here is one way of doing it, I would add a "Family" for example "Enemies" or "Items" and then add the effect to that family, because you don't have to write repetitive code like the one in my example. But I wanted to support the free version of construct 2 as well so my example contains some repetitive code.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi here is one way of doing it, I would add a "Family" for example "Enemies" or "Items" and then add the effect to that family, because you don't have to write repetitive code like the one in my example. But I wanted to support the free version of construct 2 as well so my example contains some repetitive code.

I looked at your example, and this is not exactly what I want to do. Yes, your example doing that thing, but I need to do the same from my own behavior, which I write by myself using JavaScript. I'm looking for any functions in JavaScript code, which can help me to apply effect to any sprite I want.

Anyway, thanks for your answer!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)