Zooming with point sampling

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Connect the dots in the correct order and draw happy animals!
  • I couldn't find anything about this problem in the forum, which makes me think that it may have something to do with my computer.

When I was working with zoom in/zoom out I noticed that with the scaling works weirdly with the Point sampling (which I prefer, since I like making retro-style games). It seems like the objects scale in a shaky way when in Point, it isn't really smooth like with the Linear zooming. Here is an example to show exactly what I'm talking about

dl.dropbox.com/u/99077134/Scaling/index.html

When you click, megaman grows very slowly so the problem is visible. It seems like different parts of him scale in different rates... I don't know, really.

Is not that big of a problem, I just wanted to know why this happens and if there is a solution or any effective workarounds. I tried to do some things with Linear sampling but couldn't do much...

Thanks!

• That's just how point sampling works; it rounds to the nearest whole pixel, whereas linear sampling anti-aliases the sprite for smoother movement/scaling/rotation. Most 8 or 16 bit games didn't even use scaling spare like..Yoshi's Island or Metroid: Fusion and other GBA/DS games. Definitely not NES Megaman.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Oh, so it's no possible with point...

I just used megaman so it would be easy to see what the problem was.

Isn't it possible to do a smooth zooming with crispy pixel-style graphics? Maybe doing it with Linear, but I couldn't figure out how to make the graphics pixelated with linear sampling...

Thanks anyway, Tokinsom

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)