Yet another Multiplayer Question

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
The official Scirra Multiplayer Signalling Server for helping peers find and connect to each other
  • I've seen a lot of topics on multiplayer but what I want to do seems like it would be more simple.

I would like to make a facebook game with turn based interaction via just sending a simple string back and forth. It seems like something in facebook's messaging or chat could be leveraged to accomplish this or maybe theres' a feature in the fbook api I could use for this.

... or Kongregate?

Any ideas?

• I want it so much too. But I really don't know how to do.

I think in use some variables with all the information of the turn and update a data bank, but I don't know if this will work.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Could this be done with a database, php and ajax?

Something like (thinking out loud here).

Database Table:

Player 1

Player 2

PlayersTurn

GameString

In your game.

Player 1 playing his game.

Game checks database for PlayersTurn data. If 1, game continues.

Player 1 plays.

Turn over, send data to database setting PlayerTurn = 2 and GameString to whatever data you need to send for the other player.

I'd be happy to do a tutorial on it if you think it would be useful.

• A tutorial would be great plz!!

• YES. I second that. I'd love love love to have a tutorial that would allow that.

Still there's already a chat client built into FaceBook and already a message system in every social media thing. Your game could tweet everyones moves with a single twitter account...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)