Is there a working IAP at all?

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
  • I been developing my games with c2 over year and half.

7 prototypes and 2 releases and still I didn't get to see a proper IAP implementation.

This is really sad, or does it seem that c2 is only for making paid games and we cannot bank on the free to play model.

1. The IAP plugin doesn't work.

2. Now build with crosswalk and it doesn't have a way to implement IAP.

3. For blackberry Erik was working a plugin and I'm yet to run final tests.

I'm asking is it too much to expect that now c2 should have a working IAP plugin that at least works with 3 major platforms of mobiles?

I know the team is just 2 people but I'm not able to wrap my head around the fact that we're making games and throwing them in the air without being able to monetize.

I honestly, sincerely request Ashley and Tom to give some time to make a working IAP model in c2.

• Bump.

• CocoonJS and Ejecta both have IAP. The windows exports also have it as well. Seems like you have overlooked these?

• No I didn't.

CocoonJS export to android has its own problems. Also the IAP implementations have their own issues there.

In forum posts, I see people struggling with the same stuff that I have, something or the other like 'get purchases' wont work or something else doesn't work.

Besides, now for last few months, crosswalk is recommended way of doing android builds.

C2 needs its own IAP object to work with platforms correctly ( Android, iOS, Blackberry, Windows and web at the least)

I have also spent tons of time with the IAP object on blackberry only to finally figure out that it was for blackberry 1.0 and that too doesn't work as expected. Blackberry guys (@waterlooerik) have been kind enough to write a plugin for webworks 2.0 and test it over and over with me tons of times with so much patience.

I have to run some final tests before I can confirm that it works in live, but due to my recent motorcycle crash I'm not able to (hopefully will start next week).

IMHO, I haven't overlooked anything; I've been trying to push my game majorly to 3 platforms - iOS, Android and Blackberry and lack of a tested IAP (native to c2) is killing me.

I'd like to know if there is anyone here who has got a working IAP model on stores then?

• Has anyone actually got an approved iOS game with IAP using either Ejecta or CocoonJS?

I'm having trouble implementing IAP in CocoonJS, (iOS) - but the lack of support from Ludei makes me wonder if it can really really work.

Ejecta looks promising - but the C2 Plugin does not have the IAP feature. (only Gamecenter and iAD).

[edit ] Actually, it looks like the IAP plugin has the purchase features -rather than the Ejecta plugin. Has anyone published an iOS game with Ejecta and IAP functionality?

• This is a real pain point which needs addressing guys! :/

• Yeah, my app "spellingfun" or "ABC Spelling Fun" is approved and alive in the Apple App Store exported with Ejecta and using the construct IAP Object.

Currently just adding the IAP Object to my project causes it to ask for AppStore authentication every time (every time!) someone launches the app, would be much better if this only happened if the IAP object was actually called. I removed all the IAP conditions in my project and it still does this

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • IAP is in the works for Crosswalk. IIRC from the bug report about Blackberry IAP support, we have code in place in the plugin to use it, but Blackberry's documentation is very thin and I advised that you seek support from an official Blackberry rep on it. Did you manage to speak to Blackberry about it?

• IAP is in the works for Crosswalk.

I noticed that in XWalk's bug trackers and it seems like it is a long time away.

Like we are today using xwalk, we were earlier depending on cocoonjs.. and it's iap implementation.

But since it has it's own downsides, now the best way seems xwalk (although it has its own downsides too)

And is the reason why I raised this is, what if we're again moving away from xwalk to something else? (cordova)... every time we do this, we have to worry about another iap method.

Honestly, I think C2 should have one natively that just works.

[quote:dk75cxwy]

IIRC from the bug report about Blackberry IAP support, we have code in place in the plugin to use it, but Blackberry's documentation is very thin and I advised that you seek support from an official Blackberry rep on it. Did you manage to speak to Blackberry about it?

I was already working with Blackberry rep (as mentioned in the op), and then I reported the bug, IIRC.

As I said earlier, they have confirmed that the code you have in iap plugin is for Webworks 1.0 and not 2.0. So we need something there because people are using Webworks 2.0 now.

Also, they have been kind enough to write up a plugin and I am yet to run final tests as soon as I fix some of our game bugs. (as mentioned in op)

I'll soon be looking at publishing the same game on iOS too, can someone confirm that IAP for iOS work properly?

• Yeah, my app "spellingfun" or "ABC Spelling Fun" is approved and alive in the Apple App Store exported with Ejecta and using the construct IAP Object.

Currently just adding the IAP Object to my project causes it to ask for AppStore authentication every time (every time!) someone launches the app, would be much better if this only happened if the IAP object was actually called. I removed all the IAP conditions in my project and it still does this

Did you raise this in another thread. Was any solution offered?

Can you please point me to that thread, I'd like to follow it.

Ashley see what I'm talking about. These small things annoy users that play the game very much.

In mobile gaming users, the fluctuation is so high that small things can make them just close your app, and go play some other game.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)