How do I work with sprite pieces in general

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Enlist the menacing fleet commander of the galactic star force in your next game audio production.
  • Initially my thread was about:

[quote:37c1c8sk]For one character I have sprites, their body segments pieced separately. I somewhat want to test the waters with this with a ragdoll function, but trying this results in an error where it still seems to collide with itself, even though they're set to the same family with an event for it.

Now that I'm trying other methods of puppetry, it seems like the pieces aren't properly connected?

http://www.mediafire.com/file/4ut6739gx ... tdoll.capx Here's an updated link with the .capx.

• I think the issue is that all sprites rotate around their origin and that's why when rotated they seem off..

• You should check out some of Quazi's tutorials on inverse kinematics... IK chains.

This makes a really nice ragdoll and uses the many pieces of sprites to combine into one object.

*EDIT*

I just realised all of the tutorial images and links are broken thanks to Dropbox changes to public folder... however it's all described in the text and the images and examples are not required. If you get stuck with it let me know, I have made some IK chains in another project and can possibly help or elaborate on something if you need help.

~Sol

• You should check out some of Quazi's tutorials on inverse kinematics... IK chains.

This makes a really nice ragdoll and uses the many pieces of sprites to combine into one object.

*EDIT*

I just realised all of the tutorial images and links are broken thanks to Dropbox changes to public folder... however it's all described in the text and the images and examples are not required. If you get stuck with it let me know, I have made some IK chains in another project and can possibly help or elaborate on something if you need help.

~Sol

Still pretty hard for me to follow the stuff in the link. Thank you for the offer, just let me know!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Poxnixles

I messaged Quazi to ask if he would mind updating the links in his tutorial. I was trying to cut down my project that I made using IK chains so I could send it to you, but it seems like too much work to get it all working correctly... it would be faster to remake it all as an example - but Quazi's tutorial is even easier if he has the reference links there.

Will give him a few days and see what happens... if he can't or doesn't want to fix the links I will try to remake a simple example.

~Sol

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)