How do I: Windows Phone 8.1 vibrate and other questions

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
  • Hi,

so I've almost finished my first game which I want to publish on Windows Phone 8.1 and I have some issues (couldn't find solution):

1) Vibrate - can't get it to work. Tutorial I think is pretty much outdated - Windows Phone Plugin doesn't seem to work for me in any case.

2) My game crashes every time i minimise it by clicking Windows button or by clicking web link. I mean when I check the list of open apps, the game is still there, but when I choose it, it crashes... Tutorial is also outdated, I guess.

3) Delayed audio at start of layout. Even though I have "Preload Sounds" turned on, it doesn't seem to work. I tried also with "Loader Layout" and tried to preload every single sound manually but it didn't work either. This is not a big deal at the moment as I have just few sounds and after couple of seconds it's allright. Actually I would like to have many more, and play them at the same time, but I can't because C2 and WP don't like each other )

If anyone can help me, I would be very happy

Cheers

• Anyone?

I also don't know how to get rid of the navigation bar when game starts :/

• I am not sure there is really a fix for the audio. I tried messing with the audio for awhile and found no real fix for windows. If you have very few sounds, the first time you play them there is a large delay. After that they are fine ... it sucks but unless there is something I am missing we cannot really do much audio with Windows when using Construct.

I am not sure what you mean by your game crashing. it sounds like the game is minimizing, not crashing.

I have not tried to make Windows Phone vibrate. So Cannot help you there.

I don't use the windows phone plugin as if I am not mistaken that is pretty old. The built in Windows plugin should work for the most part. Also, for windows 8.1/Windows Phone 8.1 if doing a Universal App, the Browser function should work nicely. For example, for my Windows Phone 8.1 apps I use the browser back button detection and it works for pressing the back button on your phone. For windows 10 this seems broken (it does this "crashing" you describe).

• Browser function works ok with Back button, Quit command, etc. But Vibrae doesn't work. I will try this again.

About the crashing... Yes, the game is minimizing, but if you try to return to it, then it crashes :/

I don't use Windows Plugin now either as nothing from it works. Just tried it to check if it can fix something. It can not.

Thanks for help.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • can you send me your capx? I can take a look if you want

• Sorry

• no worries, completely understand.

if you can make a fresh project, barebones, with the same behaviour and send it that would work. None of my projects on windows 8.1 have that behaviour, so something is going on.

Cheers

• Well, I did clean capx. And here minimising is ok. Hmmm. I don't know why. At first I thought it was because I have more than one layouts in my game, so I added one, but doesn;t change anything. The is minimising fine - return works.

Vibrate doesn't work though.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/430 ... STING.capx

EDIT:

However, in this clean capx, there is no data to remeber. No variables, no position, nothig. So I don't know...

• So something else is causing your crashing, from what I understand. Is there a plugin that activates/accesses data on start or end of layout?

If you run the app in Visual Studio, is there anything in the error log?

• What do you mean by access data? What kind of data ?:) From the internet for example? On 2 layouts I hvae Ajax command to get highscores.

Visual Studio only shows one warning: This app references Microsoft.Phone.WinJS.2.1, version 1.0.9651.0, found in your SDK, but you have a higher version of Microsoft.Phone.WinJS.2.1 installed on the target machine, 1.0.9651.40228. If you continue to run this application, it will run against the currently installed version, Microsoft.Phone.WinJS.2.1, version 1.0.9651.40228. Consider updating your SDK to match the version of Microsoft.Phone.WinJS.2.1 that is installed.

But it shows this warning also on the app that minimise properly.

• bonczi

to help further I would need the capx. You can PM it if you don't feel comfortable posting it publicly.

I have 20+ Windows apps in the windows store, all made with Construct. I have had several bumps along the way, most issues are not simple to fix without the code.

• Ok, I think I've found the cause: SOUND. If any sound is playing when minimising (music, menu sounds or whatever), then the minimising crashes. If I turn off all music inside the project, then it works ok. This is getting ridiculous.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)