Windows Host - Android Clients - Same (W)LAN

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
  • Hi everyone,

I would like to introduce myself, because this is my first post in this Forum. I'm Dirk from germany and I recently came across this very nice game editor.

I did the first tutorials and I'm very courious what I can learn from the next ones. So I'm not very good at programming and right at the start.

So to my question: I have a very specific project in my mind and I want to know if its possible with construct or if I should use a "classic" language. Is it possible to use a Windows based system to show ingame achivements and stats while 2 to 8 android systems are in the same LAN (or WLAN) which are actuelly play a game on their handhelds?

I hope it's clear what I ment an I appologize for spelling errors.

Thanks

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey,

ok, no answer yet, but many viewers. Is it ok to push this thread?

I really hope you can help me.

Many thanks

• Could maybe help with a bit more information. What do you mean by Windows based system? you can use the node.webkit to make construct 2 applications run on Windows.

You can also make the game run on android devices. They can then report the achivements.

There is a lot of post/tutorials about highscorelists/achivements. Maybe look at clay.io

• cvp: yes, if windows based or not is not so important. Thats just the kind of setup, that I have in mind. More important is the connection between the different devices.

An example for a game that uses this setup is a simple card game. You play a card from your android device and it appears instantly on the big screen for everyone else visible.

Your suggestion seems to be a slow variant (without testing, just how I think it works), but also possible for other variants I have in mind.

So my new question: Is your suggestion fast enough or is there an other option?

• OK. Didnt know you wanted realtime multiplayer.

Have a look at the Multiplayer/Networking section of the FAQ page. You should be able to find some inspiration there.

• cvp: *knock my head on the table*

"realtime multiplayer" - I didn't see this. Thank you very much.

"mumble to myself: stupid question... grmpf"

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)