Windows build error Visual Studio "10.0.240.0" is not a supp

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Use this game pack to create your own game, modify the existing game or simply take a look and see how it was made.
  • Hello guys!

Has anyone been publishing games for Windows System /Phone?

This is my first experience and so far not so good...

First, the package.appxmanifest file won't open in regular editor. I have to open it as html / text file. The following erros is shown: "ERROR HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component".

Then, whily trying to "local build", the following error happens: "10.0.240.0" is not a supported value for TargetPlatformVersion. Please change it on the Project Property page".

Any ideas whe to go from here?

Thanks!

• Hi HenriQuesv,

I am also encountering the same problem with Visual Studio, after following the tutorial to export my game as a Windows 10 universal app.

If anyone has any idea on how to fix this problem, please reply.

Thanks!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi HenriQuesv,

I discovered that Visual Studio doesn't automatically provide the necessary files to create the Windows 10 Universal App.

You must also check the box "Windows 10 SDK (10.0.10240)" under "Windows and Web Development/Universal Windows App Development Tools" when you install Visual Studio (or as a new features by going through the "uninstall or change a program" settings in Windows 10.

Once installed, following the tutorial on this website works like a charm.

Note that this will increase your install size by 3gb.

Have fun!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)